Do we really need the noise?

skieur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do we really need the less than informative one sentence comments that often don't relate to the original post or to anything valid at all?

When a poster admits that he was just trying to "stir the pot"...is that the attitude that should be encouraged here?

At one point here, disagreements were argued logically, based on information, experience etc. Why is this becoming more the exception rather than the norm? Why have things degenerated to characterizations and lack of respect for a different view or opinion and to make matters worse that different point of view is often based on better credentials and more experience than those engaging in bashing?

skieur

Do you have any ideas on what could be done to address these issues?

Other than starting your own forum, and only inviting the people that you like to join, I am not sure there is anything else that could realistically be done.

Wouldn't self regulation be an easier option? Just take no notice of the "noise" and take what you want from the rest, it would be much easier.

Put the noisy ones on your Ignore List. The silence should be golden! :D

Please note: no one is "encouraging" any of the behavior you have described. Keep using the tools you have on hand: the Ignore list and the Report a Post button. If there are certain members who persist in engaging in inflammatory behavior, the moderators will take action appropriately.

I use two methods...the back button, and the hex method:lmao:

Most reactions

Back