• Total voters

Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMO Florida is boring to photograph!! And hot! It’s 80f at 6am who what to go out photographing in that heat. When to Secret Woods Park Monday stayed about 40 minutes max, my 127 Rollieflex jammed, I was sweating all over and not happy :evil:

I long for mountains & hills, rivers & waterfalls, old cemeteries and barns :)

This is a typical boring Florida landscape, not even a good camera can save it.
large.jpg

Hasselblad 500cm, 80mm

You got to be kidding! Beaches, swamps, all those boats, bikinis, retired people- you've got lots to photograph.

Try finding something, anything, to take a picture of in Oklahoma. The only worse place I can think of is Kansas. I die of bordom everytime I drive through there.

I'm with Jeff. I get dead bored of the desert sometimes. Especially right now when it's bone dry. I'm definately going to get out for some monsoon weather...

I think everyone has this "If I were there" syndrome :)

What's the old saying?

"Familiarity breeds contempt." I think everyone gets tired of shooting the same scenes over and over.

There is so much to explore I dont think I could get bored up here. From rainforests to a frozen desert, Alaska has it all baby.

Goofup said:
The only worse place I can think of is Kansas. I die of bordom everytime I drive through there.

Snicker :lol:

It's easy to take interesting photographs of exotic locations; of course, those are the same, old, boring tourist snapshots to the locals. Much more effort is required to find beauty where none thought to look, and to create exciting images out of the seemingly mundane.

Here's a famous photog quote that I find humorous (because it's very true for most photographers): "Anything more than 500 yds from the car just isn't photogenic." -Brett Weston referring to working with a 10X8 view camera.

No I don't, Jeff. I can certainly understand your frustration with the heat and humidity, though. It can't be too pleasant to go trudging outside in such weather. Living in eastern Montana I always have an abundance of wildlife, rivers, creeks, prairie, sunsets, sunrises, snow scenes, rock formations, barns, abandoned homesteads, etc. to photograph. And I don't have to travel very far to get the mountain scenes. When I tire of the landscapes, then I move on to still life shots, macros, and portraits. There is always something worth photographing. Sometimes it's just a bit of a challenge to find it.

Even when you live in one of the most photographed cities in the world, you can still get bored with it.

Recently while out with James M from here and some other photographers in Sydney, we were under the Harbour Bridge and James and I looked at each other and said "Been there, done that."
There are only so many angles of the Opera House you can get lol

Familiarity breeds contempt. Or boredom. That doesn't make where you live any less photogenic; it makes you less willing to spend the time to seek out those places. I love being in red rock country, but if I lived there year after year, it would probably get old after awhile.

I personally think Voods should come visit me in Georgia, but that's another story. ;)

Despite nasty rumors about Kentucky, it is a really beautiful place with loads of wonderful photography potential. We had scattered showers yesterday, but the sun managed to stay visible, and that caused for some really awesome "effects." There were also two rainbows very close together. I wanted to kick myself for not taking a camera outside when I went on the talk while it was raining lightly.

Most reactions

Back