Do you pixel peep?

Only when I buy a new camera to see if it's working... After that only when retouching

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whenever I can't get the noise reduction or sharpness quite right I pixel peep. It helps me not go too overboard to make the image look worse, but better. I also always use 100% several times during processing to make sure that grain, sharpening, and noise reduction are working correctly. What really matters is the whole image though. Sometimes you just have to say, "whatever," and not pixel peep to get on with processing and your photography.

I have my camera set up for the ok button to zoom to 100% so I can check sharpness. When using clone stamp I'm zoomed in way further than 100% quite often.

Do I consider it the "ultimate test of an image" not a bit! Just another tool In my arsenal.

Off topic I know but wth is chimping slang for? I've seen this several times on the forum but the context wasn't enough to figure it out.

Off topic I know but wth is chimping slang for? I've seen this several times on the forum but the context wasn't enough to figure it out.

Chimping refers to the bunch of monkeys standing around looking at the monitor with the image someone just took, and they're all 'Oooh! oooh! Aah! Aah!"......... like a bunch of chimpanzees.

Chimping refers to the bunch of monkeys standing around looking at the monitor with the image someone just took, and they're all 'Oooh! oooh! Aah! Aah!"......... like a bunch of chimpanzees.
Careful there, buddy.

Not often. occasionally if i really want the image to be correct and it requires it. Usually i just guess.

Always. Just take a quick look at 100% to see if the area I wanted in focus is in focus or for the most part in focus then I move on. I don't get hung over by it though.

Always. Just take a quick look at 100% to see if the area I wanted in focus is in focus or for the most part in focus then I move on. I don't get hung over by it though.
That's not pixel peeping. Pixel peeing is when you look at it at 100% on your computer screen and pore all over looking for noise, chromatic aberration, blurry and other silly things like that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back