Do you think they'll replace the D700?

I also don't know in what way isn't the D800 replacing the D700 ?

The D700 is basically a D3 in a smaller body with a smaller buffer. It's an amazing camera... that's 6 years old.

When people say they want an updated D700.. what they want is a D4 in a small pro body (high-ish FPS.. non-plastic pro body.. cheaper then a D4).

Nikon needs to replace the D100. You know, with another outdated 6 megapixel camera.

Nikon needs to replace the D200. You know, with another similar body with an outdated sensor that's way behind the times.

Nikon needs to replace the D300s. With another camera that has the same outdated sensor tech and low MP count.

Chevy needs to reissue the 1957 Bel Air. What this country needs is a good five-cent cigar. What ever happened to Randolph Scott?

Why can't Apple go back to making OS 9? It was my favorite,favorite, favorite operating system--ever!

How come so many new movies are out BlueRay, and not on BetaMax tape?

THe above are some good examples of wanting stuff that ain't gonna happen. You want a D700? Order a used one.

In true Derrel fashion.... Bravo sir~!

I only want a D710. :)

A true replacement for the d700 would be a d4 in a d800 body.

And I think there's a VERY large population that were VERY disappointed when this didn't happen.

If cameras were people -

The D600 would be the infant in the ca-ca filled diaper. Its cute, but man does it stink.

The D800 would be the snotty nosed teenager with an attitude. It thinks its invincible until it has to sleep in the dark.

And the D700 would be the wise old pap-paw sitting on the porch sayin' "told you so."

If you don't know why we need a D700 replacement, you should go shoot some more.

Thank you for the vague and unhelpful answer and don't worry I am planning to shoot much more and if I will learn from that about the D700 I will know who to thank.

The D700 is basically a D3 in a smaller body with a smaller buffer. It's an amazing camera... that's 6 years old.

When people say they want an updated D700.. what they want is a D4 in a small pro body (high-ish FPS.. non-plastic pro body.. cheaper then a D4).

Got it :)
Thank you for the kind explanation.

I only want a D710. :)
Then you can get the D7100 because its worth 10 times the D710 :D

From Nikon D600 vs D700 - Our Analysis

$D600 VS D700 pluses-1.JPG$D600 vs D700 pluses-2.jpg

Huh. Better sensor.Better at High ISO. Double the MP count. Higher-resolution. Better acuity. Better-looking larger images. Better color. Faster. Shoots video.Has two storage slots, not just one. Has a newer, better LCD screen. Has a 100% viewfinder. Smaller. Lighter. Huh... and yet, people still want an older model body that has two stops less dynamic range. Why not just buy a Canon?

Huh. Better sensor.Better at High ISO. Double the MP count. Higher-resolution. Better acuity. Better-looking larger images. Better color. Faster. Shoots video.Has two storage slots, not just one. Has a newer, better LCD screen. Has a 100% viewfinder. Smaller. Lighter. Huh... and yet, people still want an older model body that has two stops less dynamic range. Why not just buy a Canon?

Wow Darrel, no need to drag this so low that you have to use the "C" word :wink: I mean from here it might turn ugly and get personal :lol:

I've learned to realize that Derrel loves his Canons. :lmao:

From Nikon D600 vs D700 - Our Analysis

View attachment 57143View attachment 57144

The 1/4000th shutter speed limitation on the D600 is a deal breaker for me.

Would you rather buy a 2014 Toyota Prius, or a 2004 Lamborghini?

I guess some people want that, but the D700 when smaller without the grip is only 5 FPS, even slower than the D600. Only with the grip, which makes it heavier and possibly also bigger than the D4, it reaches 8 FPS. Of course it was cheaper (new) and you would have the option to use with and without the grip, but this was never a smaller fast camera.

The 1/4000th shutter speed limitation on the D600 is a deal breaker for me.
I guess there are several possible "deal breakers" for some people, but are they significant in the market? I imagine Nikon did the research and I don't know if I'm right or not, but it seems to me that the D600 wasn't really marketed as a D700 replacement. In spite of that, some people actually did buy a D600 instead of their older D700. My impression is that was meant to get more people into FX, buying more FX lenses. People who only used DX or other cameras until now. People who wouldn't spend the price for a d700 (when it was new), D800, not to mention the D4.

The D600 is a dog. Nikon have rushed the D610 out because of its problems, they've even told dealers to fire sale them for anything they can get. Feel sorry for those who got one. Yet the D700 still holds its price. In my neck of the wood a D700 sells for $500 more than a D600. The early purchasers of the D600 realised quickly that all was not right and ditched them on eBay upgrading to the D800. I don't think Nikon has come out too well with this. The D610 is not really a new camera, it's fixing up the old one.

The D600 is a dog. Nikon have rushed the D610 out because of its problems, they've even told dealers to fire sale them for anything they can get. Feel sorry for those who got one. Yet the D700 still holds its price. In my neck of the wood a D700 sells for $500 more than a D600. The early purchasers of the D600 realised quickly that all was not right and ditched them on eBay upgrading to the D800. I don't think Nikon has come out too well with this. The D610 is not really a new camera, it's fixing up the old one.

D600 a dog ?

Wow those are harsh words.
Yes the oil/dust issue is well known but a dog ?

Let me tell you I would rather buy a D600 over the D700 even if I risk the oil issue.
As good as it is the D700 is yesterday technology and it shows next to the D600.
We all the know while real the oil/dust issue is well over blown out of proportions, not every camera has this issue but no doubt I rather get the D610 over the D600 if I had the money.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back