What's new

Do you think this photo i took and edited is nice?

Not really my kind of thing, but I'd say for a beginner not that bad. Two major issues that I see are:

1. It's not straight. The whole thing seems to be leaning to the right. If you'd take that pole right in the middle and straighten it up, it would go a long way towards straightening the photo.
2. You have about 1/3 of a car driving down the street in front of the hotel. That's a bit problematic for me. :D

By the way, you'll normally have a better chance at getting responses if you'll embed your photo in the thread. People, myself included, often aren't inclined to click the link. I'm just feeling generous and daring today, I guess. :D
 
Yeah thanks for the points,I know lol, I was like damn you car for driving fast...Or you could think of it as the car was transforming ;)
 
Not really my kind of thing, but I'd say for a beginner not that bad. Two major issues that I see are:

1. It's not straight. The whole thing seems to be leaning to the right. If you'd take that pole right in the middle and straighten it up, it would go a long way towards straightening the photo.
2. You have about 1/3 of a car driving down the street in front of the hotel. That's a bit problematic for me. :D

By the way, you'll normally have a better chance at getting responses if you'll embed your photo in the thread. People, myself included, often aren't inclined to click the link. I'm just feeling generous and daring today, I guess. :D

^^This.

Sharon, it's a whole car, just squished together in the stitching.
 
Not really my kind of thing, but I'd say for a beginner not that bad. Two major issues that I see are:

1. It's not straight. The whole thing seems to be leaning to the right. If you'd take that pole right in the middle and straighten it up, it would go a long way towards straightening the photo.
2. You have about 1/3 of a car driving down the street in front of the hotel. That's a bit problematic for me. :D

By the way, you'll normally have a better chance at getting responses if you'll embed your photo in the thread. People, myself included, often aren't inclined to click the link. I'm just feeling generous and daring today, I guess. :D

^^This.

Sharon, it's a whole car, just squished together in the stitching.

:lol: Yeah, I got that Ron. I was attempting humor, but I seem to have failed in the attempt. :D
 
Not really my kind of thing, but I'd say for a beginner not that bad. Two major issues that I see are:

1. It's not straight. The whole thing seems to be leaning to the right. If you'd take that pole right in the middle and straighten it up, it would go a long way towards straightening the photo.
2. You have about 1/3 of a car driving down the street in front of the hotel. That's a bit problematic for me. :D

By the way, you'll normally have a better chance at getting responses if you'll embed your photo in the thread. People, myself included, often aren't inclined to click the link. I'm just feeling generous and daring today, I guess. :D

^^This.

Sharon, it's a whole car, just squished together in the stitching.

:lol: Yeah, I got that Ron. I was attempting humor, but I seem to have failed in the attempt. :D

I understand. It looks like it lost a fight with a couple of semi-trucks.
 
i'll give it interesting.

The editing is poor: It's very dark, oversaturated, and overly constrasted. The attempt to recover the blown out sky just lead to a gray blob. The obvious seams should have been corrected by hand where the automated software failed.

The quality... was this taken on a cell phone?
 
The quality... was this taken on a cell phone?


Probably a police traffic camera.

On a serious note I would advice the OP to start with simple images and get the basics right first - things like light, exposure, composition, etc, before trying panoramas, HDRs and other stuff that really are just tricks.
Last time I saw a similar image was when I checked Google maps.
 
I don't know. FWIW (not much), I like it. I would have cropped the left hand side quite a bit up to the road. Won't comment on image quality as I'm on my phone. But I liked looking at it.

As for any cirque as stated above, get rid of the "transformer" and do a better job stitching as well. Also some straightening of poles would do good.

I wouldn't so much worry about NOT trying stuff like panos or HDR. There's plenty of time to learn "the right way" to take photos, the most important thing is that you enjoy it and constantly try to improve, even if just by a little. Digital affords us the ability to take chances and try new things, at no cost other than the occasional "missed opportunity" and some extra time in post. Experiment with EVERYTHING.

Good luck hope this helps any.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom