Do you use a wireless mouse?

• Yup

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Nope

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
You could try one of these.
FKZDRW6F0ZSTCZX.LARGE.jpg

Yes there is a company that uses taxidermed mice that are sterilized as covers for their mice. Some people will sell anything.

This one could be interesting.
spider-computer-mouse.jpg

Won't solve the problem with the cats, but at least it would be a more interesting toy for them to use.

FYI. If you want to try and break them of the habit you might try what we did with our cat for his cord chewing problem.

4-6 ounces of water. 2 tablespoons of ghost pepper flakes. Soak the pepper flakes in the water for 24 to 48 hours. Drain and reserve the water, throw away the flakes.

Take cord and either wipe or dip it in the water and let dry. Took one experience and he quit his cord chewing. Funny thing was he would lick/chew, have a reaction to the heat, and then repeated the procedure a couple more times until it sunk in that chewing cord=hot stuff in mouth. FYI we had a bowl of water close by that he was aware of.

I've been using a Kensington Expert Mouse trackball for years. It's BIG, has 4 large buttons, a scroll wheel and is wired. It's low-tech, maybe, but it's the best I've ever used - and I've used a LOT of mice and other trackballs. I also use a Wacom tablet, but only when using Photoshop, Lightroom or Fireworks.

I use a wireless with my laptop.
I use a wired gaming mouse with my desktop.

Why? What benefits for each?
The wireless mouse for the laptop is tidy both in use, and in my laptop bag, by dint of it not being wired. I don't game on the laptop and don't need mouse gaming features and performance.
The gaming mouse performs better and has more adjustment options than a mouse not designed for gaming. I game on my desktop.

So I ended up returning the Logitech M510 back to Amazon. Tired of it skipping. I spent some time cleaning my M310 and I got the scroll wheel click to function again for the time being. But atleast this cheaper mouse doesn't skip across the screen unlike the M510 which is suppose to be superior! Also my M310 acts as if it was corded. I might have had defective M510 or their new unifying receiver has interference , but not going to bother trying a replacement.

Well I am a bit of a gamer anyway but the major reason I still use a corded mouse is the same reason I have corded power tools, namley that I never have to deal with the issue of flat batteries.

Well I am a bit of a gamer anyway but the major reason I still use a corded mouse is the same reason I have corded power tools, namley that I never have to deal with the issue of flat batteries.

There is definitely a place for both. Some tools I prefer using corded and some I prefer using cordless such as my cordless drill for most stuff, but I got a corded drill for screwing sheetrock.

Last week, I bought the Logitech M510, its bigger, heavier, more buttons and uses a invisible laser instead of optical which I guess is suppose to mean higher DPI and just more precise but honestly, it seems to be slightly worse than my cheap M310..sometimes it will skip across the screen. Now I'm not sure if its the mouse or my mousepad. I might have to get one of those Steelseries HD pads that are designed for laser mice. But for the most part its been okay and its a lot more comfortable and better built.

I've used a M510 awhile, years I suppose, and it's been perfect. No complaints, never even one. I bought a cheaper Microsoft first, and it wasn't much. Had no standby mode, and batteries wouldn't last anytime.

I don't use a wireless mouse because it moves strangely in my screen, weird.

I'm curious to see how many use wireless mouses. I remember many moons ago believe or not, I had a wireless ball mouse, remember those? yeah. It sucked to say the least. It was early 2000s, wireless mouses had their fair share of issues. I used a dell ball mouse and then a cheap optical mouse until I went to a vocational school in 2006 for computers when there was this fantastic dell optical mouse that I really liked and wanted one for home, so I got one of those and used it ever since until it broke a couple years ago when I decided I had enough of the cable being snagged on stuff behind my desk or being just too short that's when I picked up a cheap Logitech M310 optical RF wireless mouse and it worked awesome until the scroll wheel started to fail.

Last week, I bought the Logitech M510, its bigger, heavier, more buttons and uses a invisible laser instead of optical which I guess is suppose to mean higher DPI and just more precise but honestly, it seems to be slightly worse than my cheap M310..sometimes it will skip across the screen. Now I'm not sure if its the mouse or my mousepad. I might have to get one of those Steelseries HD pads that are designed for laser mice. But for the most part its been okay and its a lot more comfortable and better built.

Anyways, for those that use a wireless mouse, do you have issues like that every now and then? Is this just the norm for using a wireless mouse?

If you still use a wired mouse, unless your a gamer, why?
Nah I use both a wired and wireless. I have a microsoft 3500 wireless I like. but it died yesterday :( I used a MX master for a few weeks. which I also loved. and I use a $15 monoprice "Gaming mouse" which I love besides the cord... but my favorite is the MX master. and next time I have $100 to spare I will buy one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back