Doctors hope I won't need my radiation mask in the future...

praying for you to return to good health.... so sorry to hear this... you can win!!

praying for you to return to good health.... so sorry to hear this... you can win!!
Thank you, I have been positive from the start and I will win.
I've no intention to 'leave the building' soon and on top of that, on December 1, 2021 I'll officially retire according to Dutch law and I really would like to enjoy my retirement benefits or in other words all the money I've payed taxes for over 50 years with regard to a good pension, I don't think this is unreasonable, right?
For me 'good health' is a situation without new, major problems and in that case I'm more than happy.
I personally find it most difficult for my wife, who after so many years finds it increasingly tough to deal with the situation.

Gerard

Last March I was diagnosed with vocal cord cancer, or rather larynx cancer deposited on my vocal cords.
The message hit me and my wife like a huge blow with a sledgehammer.

Since March I've undergone several consecutive weeks of radiation therapy to my vocal cords, daily from Monday to Friday visit the hospital. Before irradiation can be started, a mask is made in which the patient's head is fixed in the same position on the treatment table. The markings on the mask and a permanent tattoo applied to my chest allow the radiation equipment and CT scan equipment to be accurately positioned.

After the treatment you can take the mask with you and I did, because I don't want to suppress this drastic experience, but rather see it as my start for a new future, maybe this is not for everyone to understand. The first tests after my radiation look quite favourable, but nothing can be said with certainty, for the next 5 years I have to go to the hospital every 2 months for a check-up.

Step by step I hope to be able to participate in TPF forums again. :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

Gerard

masker1a.jpg
The actor, Jack Klugman went through the same thing and without todays modern equipment and methods. He did return to screen and stage acting. So, do whatever the doc says and you'll be back on stage before you know it. By the way, great shot. You can use that on a Valentines card. Be back to health quickly.

Prayers for your patience with the recovery process. I‘m almost 3 years out from my max rad series of 45. Energy coms back slowly as the body succeeds in repairing everything that became irritated around the target an in the paths. Set your eyes on the finish line and keep the faith.

Most reactions

Back