Doe

MyCameraEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mycameraeye.com
I shot this deer with my 500mm Sigma lens though she was so close to me I actually zoomed out to 270mm.

EXIF: NIKON D70 1/125 sec f 6.3 270 mm

20051209011004_doe1.jpg

Oh. How did you do this?
I mean: what did you do so she did not bolt and ran?
Have you spent a long time in the same spot, waiting for her to come out?
This is really good. Even at 300mm, which is the longest focus any of my lenses can offer me, I have never had any of "my" deer fill even half of my frames. Way cool!

(My car has "seen" a doe like this from MUCH nearer, but that is a different, very sad story...)

Well as beautiful as these creatures are, I hunt them as well during hunting season. Off season, I do a lot of scouting so I will sit in one of my many spots I hunt from and sit there all day in my attempts to try to pattern them. Off season, I bring my camera and Binoculars with me and if a good shot presents itself, I will capture it. I often get rabbits, squirells, woodshucks, ground hogs, and chipmunks while out and about in addition to birds and stuff.

What?
You bumb your threads within a quarter of an hour?
Impatience-day in Washington D.C. today? ;)

Ah. I see.
Or not?
Well, I'll find out when I'll be in New York before I'll come to DC for the meet-up ;). They might all be in a permanent state of hurry and impatience?

:thumbup:Very Nice, I like the way its staring at the Camera like it's in the headlights. I also like the way it's ears are streaked back too! Gives its sorta more of the effect of fear in the headlights.:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back