Does anyone know what this is

My dad has an old enlarger in the basement. You would have to look at the enlarger to see the exact brand and model but i know when i looked mine up it didn't go for much. Maybe $100 - $150 or so if i remember correctly. I also don't really know if there's a need/market for them... i think most have switched to digital. I'd check out Craiglist and ebay and google and stuff and like i said try and find out the exact model and brand so you can get more precise price.. if you have a camera store that sell used equipment you can try asking in there perhaps.

the first image contains, a condensor head for that enlarger. maybe worth 25-50 on it's own. throw it in the bundle and it may help. The other item is a color anayzler, does it say pm2, if not it is older which means less money.

The second images is a color head for the same unit.
so now you have three lighting sources for that enlarger. cold light, condensor and color head. Be sure you list that in your add as it might help.

the color head is very old which means the filters may or maynot be fading. In more modern color heads the filters are more fade resisted.

Basically , your nearer the 400 mark, and of course the more goodies you can provide the more attractive this might be . I say might, because, someone might really be interested in the enlarger with the cold light head, but has timers, etc. It is hard to know.

Regardless, unless there is something really golden left, (not including cameras, studio lighting etc) your probably at a 400 dollar level without much opportunity to go higher.

sorry i can't be more encouraging.

the first image contains, a condensor head for that enlarger. maybe worth 25-50 on it's own. throw it in the bundle and it may help. The other item is a color anayzler, does it say pm2, if not it is older which means less money.

The second images is a color head for the same unit.
so now you have three lighting sources for that enlarger. cold light, condensor and color head. Be sure you list that in your add as it might help.

the color head is very old which means the filters may or maynot be fading. In more modern color heads the filters are more fade resisted.

Basically , your nearer the 400 mark, and of course the more goodies you can provide the more attractive this might be . I say might, because, someone might really be interested in the enlarger with the cold light head, but has timers, etc. It is hard to know.

Regardless, unless there is something really golden left, (not including cameras, studio lighting etc) your probably at a 400 dollar level without much opportunity to go higher.

sorry i can't be more encouraging.

Thanks again ann. You''ve been more than helpful.

my pleasure

Hey everyone, I guess there still is a small base out there that's interested in this kinda stuff. Because of that, I was able to sell the dry mount for a significant amount of change. Thanks again everyone for the help.

Do you have one or you're just trying to figure out what they are?

If you need to get rid of it and can't sell it, donate it to a high school or University that offers Photography to their students. [:

With the help from this forum I was able to figure out what the items in the pictures were. I'm just thanking everyone that helped me with that.

Most reactions

Back