What's new

Does that fence work or distract?

Bgagnon127

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 17, 2011
Messages
269
Reaction score
7
Location
Rhode Island
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like this image but I'm not sure about the fence... What do you think should I go back?

DSC070420tonemapped-Edit-L.jpg
 
Works for me - love the texture. If you do go back, consider getting up just a bit higher to separate the wooden fence from the stone wall.
 
have to agree looks good and adds just the right touch. I did lose it for a sec in the stone wall.
 
I really like the fence in it but like KenC said, I would try to get a different angle on it. Actually, go back, its such a cool place that you have to! Very cool photo.
 
What a cracking setting , i would take a few shots from different angles , that water wheel on the side would be great
 
Yes, get that damn fence out of there.
Without it, there will be the nice leading line of the stone wall and, if you can get up higher, the lawn.
The fence just makes it too busy and the tone mapping just makes every part of it say, 'look at me. whheeee'
So, I think it needs a little simplification.

Lew
 
It's a bit distracting for me. Nice location though!
 
Agree with Lew. Your eyes are drawn to it very heavily and it's not the subject. Therefore a problem.

Also... standard rule, if you have to ask the question, generally assume the worst possible answer and that's the right one.
 
Agree with Lew. Your eyes are drawn to it very heavily and it's not the subject. Therefore a problem.

Also... standard rule, if you have to ask the question, generally assume the worst possible answer and that's the right one.
That's what my gut was saying so I should listen to it. I'm going to go back. Thanks for the comment.
 
I think the fence adds a unique touch to the scene. I don't find it distracting at all. Good job on this one!
 
Can you get closer? I'd like to see more of the wheel/house....
 
Definatly adds to the image, but like others mentioned it would have turned out much better if a wider lens was used or if you steped back a few feet.
 
It depends where you want the focus to be. My eyes were drawn to the fence before I looked at the rest of the scene. Without the fence, the focus would be on that lovely stone wall and the wheel house. A very pretty setting :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom