Does this HDR photo have any hope of becoming good? - Poll

What should I do with this picture?

• No hope for this picture - trash it

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Give someone who knows what they are doing the original, and have them fix the sky.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keep the picture how it is now.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Go back and re-shoot if you can with a natural nice sky.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
^Good, thats what I was going for.

^Nah, that isnt as fun. haha.

I really do like the image, but I have no input on HDR because I don't do it.

Your poll is short a couple of options.

Learn how to use image editing software replace a sky. (See the Color Range function in Photoshop)

Then make your HDR.

I like the image, but the photo post looks like its lost the detail you expect to see in an hdr. It's a nice shot though, with tons of colors, just don't saturate to heavily.

All your photographs from, what is it, Epcot? are basically the same. Extremely busy photographs of nothing much. HDRing them into cartoons doesn't decrease the visual chaos, it radically increases it.

This is another common problem with HDRs, by lifting the shadows and flattening the highlights, all parts of the image appear equally important, and detail is equally present throughout. We don't know what to look at, even if there is a clear subject it's weak and largely overwhelmed by the Everything Else.

You're not doing a good job of selecting simpler scenes with very strong and clear subjects, graphically well supported by the composition.

Nice try HughGuesswho, the sky is still the big problem for me. It looks too fake. To whoever said the clock lost detail, I dont get that comment, because to me the clock looks too fake with detail, if anything I dont get why half looks detailed and half looks smooth. lol

I have a simple HDR pic I will be posting soon for those who like images like that.

I like it as is. Nice cartoonish look. If you want it natural then it is a flop. But cartoonish it is nice.

All your photographs from, what is it, Epcot? are basically the same. Extremely busy photographs of nothing much. HDRing them into cartoons doesn't decrease the visual chaos, it radically increases it.

This is another common problem with HDRs, by lifting the shadows and flattening the highlights, all parts of the image appear equally important, and detail is equally present throughout. We don't know what to look at, even if there is a clear subject it's weak and largely overwhelmed by the Everything Else.

You're not doing a good job of selecting simpler scenes with very strong and clear subjects, graphically well supported by the composition.

Yeah I was thinking the poll needed another option: Not a good subject for HDR

Send me a private message when you post your hdr photo. I want to make sure I don't miss it, so I can see what good subject for hdr is. ^

I just hope he is not yella....I just hope he is not yellow. ...I just hope he is not yellar.....I hope he is not chicken! Haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back