Does this look legit?

theoallen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking to buy a new camera bag and have noticed this one Lowepro Flipside 400 AW DSLR Camera Photo Bag Backpack All Weather Cover (Black)

Price is incredibly low compared to Lowepros own site and eBay states it comes form China, but the seller has 99.9% positive feedback and has sold 364 of them. Bag looks good and has all labels, so not sure if it's a good fake or just perhaps a batch of last years stock or something? What do you think?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Flag down on the play.

What's with the pictures? some with camera bags sitting in grass, some 'studio'; makes me guess the pictures are from who knows where (maybe some stock, some from the manufacturer??) so probably aren't the actual items being sold.

Some of the wording seems awkward. At the end the seller says 'please trust me'... I don't know about that.

Flag down on the play.

What's with the pictures? some with camera bags sitting in grass, some 'studio'; makes me guess the pictures are from who knows where (maybe some stock, some from the manufacturer??) so probably aren't the actual items being sold.

Some of the wording seems awkward. At the end the seller says 'please trust me'... I don't know about that.

Very true, does seem a bit dodgy, but I'm surprised they wouldn't have more bad reviews if they were not sold as described?

not sure if it's a good fake or just perhaps a batch of last years stock or something?
What difference does it make? Their store site has lots of bags, which for all I know are ALL made in China anyway, and they claim no shipping charges to the UK.

I'm cautious about their company name, but since I'm spending your money, I'd go for it.

Used bags do the same job new ones do. I use this: CASE LOGIC SLR Camera Sling (DCB-308BK)
But any will work. Its just nylon, padding and zippers.
Wrong one, mine is a backpack version, not a sling.

Flag down on the play.

Very true, does seem a bit dodgy, but I'm surprised they wouldn't have more bad reviews if they were not sold as described?

Did you read the 'neutral' reviews, or the 'bad' reviews, of the user?

If not, here are a few:
  • Fake item. difference was very clear. Seller refunded item straight away.
  • The item is not the original Lowepro Sling II camera bag.Its just a good copy.
  • Not original but aceptable quality
  • Seller claimes its genuine, however.... I guess you get what you pay for.
  • Item was damaged upon arrival. Seller offered refund.
  • quick shipment, the bag has some flaws at its construction
  • The products name suggests Sling lll is bigger than Sling! This is not the case.
  • Fast shipping, however one of the straps broke within the first day.
  • Fast delivery but the Bags stitching had opened on one side. had to repair it.
Oh, but don't worry, this is the seller's response: "I get this bag from a lowepro factory in China! it is selling in China well! it is 100% the real bag! please understand!" o_O

Flag down on the play.

Did you read the 'neutral' reviews, or the 'bad' reviews, of the user?

If not, here are a few:
  • Fake item. difference was very clear. Seller refunded item straight away.
  • The item is not the original Lowepro Sling II camera bag.Its just a good copy.
  • Not original but aceptable quality
  • Seller claimes its genuine, however.... I guess you get what you pay for.
  • Item was damaged upon arrival. Seller offered refund.
  • quick shipment, the bag has some flaws at its construction
  • The products name suggests Sling lll is bigger than Sling! This is not the case.
  • Fast shipping, however one of the straps broke within the first day.
  • Fast delivery but the Bags stitching had opened on one side. had to repair it.
Oh, but don't worry, this is the seller's response: "I get this bag from a lowepro factory in China! it is selling in China well! it is 100% the real bag! please understand!" o_O
Oops. Looks like enough said.

.......Oh, but don't worry, this is the seller's response: "I get this bag from a lowepro factory in China! it is selling in China well! it is 100% the real bag! please understand!" o_O

Translation: "Lowepro doesn't make this bag themselves. They farm it out, and it just so happens that the same factory that makes them for Lowepro also makes them for us. We managed to steal of few genuine bags for the photos, but in order to offer the bag for such a ridiculously low price we have the factory cut a few corners on our version of the bag. We've managed to sell tons of these on the unsuspecting public so we are being truthful when we say it is selling sell. Yes, it is a real bag (just not genuine Lowepro)."

I'm looking to buy a new camera bag and have noticed this one Lowepro Flipside 400 AW DSLR Camera Photo Bag Backpack All Weather Cover (Black)

Price is incredibly low compared to Lowepros own site and eBay states it comes form China, but the seller has 99.9% positive feedback and has sold 364 of them. Bag looks good and has all labels, so not sure if it's a good fake or just perhaps a batch of last years stock or something? What do you think?

looks like it could be a "good fake" but since I've gone mirrorless I don't need or want those large camera backpacks

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
tirediron said:
If it looks too good...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....DIZ-ACTLY....

$48.34 US dollars for a $90-$99 backpack...from a China vendor...

I have little doubt that you would receive a black backpack, with attached paper tags that identify it as being a Lowepro Flipside 400 AW...and being sold out of China I would put its chances of being a genuine Lowepro item right about equal with the chances that a $150 back-alley Rolex was made by Rolex. China is infamous for counterfeit goods.

Vendors in China have some marvelous deals on Coach handbags too.

not sure if it's a good fake or just perhaps a batch of last years stock or something?
What difference does it make? Their store site has lots of bags, which for all I know are ALL made in China anyway, and they claim no shipping charges to the UK.

I'm cautious about their company name, but since I'm spending your money, I'd go for it.

I guess the question is which is more important, the performance of the bag or the name on it? If the bag gets good reviews and is priced right then it should be a great buy. I don't support selling or buying fakes but you simply don't know that it is a fake. Neither do I. If you want my wild guess I'd say the company in China that makes them for Lowe could be selling some out the back door. It is a common problem.

Most reactions

Back