Does this look natural?

dab_20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wanted to clone out all the clutter in the backround of this photo and just have shrubbery but this just isn't quite right! Can someone help?

PS version:
z308-1.jpg

original:
z308.jpg

Not bad.

The only part that looks really obvious (to me) is the dirt/ground, just to the left of the subject, in the middle of the frame. The patterns are evenly repeated...try to break it up. Other than that, good job.

whats that fuzzy, giant tarantula-type thing on the ground to the left of the elephant?

Not related to the background, but have you noticed that the elephant looks like he is leaning to the left? Have you considered straightening him?

skieur

I think I see what your talking about. The top viewers left of the photo will not "enlarge gracefully". I would try darkening the branches of that bush and blurring the backgrond a bit. Great work though. Maybe take a break from it for a few days a write out a to do list. Then just check your journal or photo notebook and pick up where you left off.

It's really not too bad.
You just need a bit of practice with sampling with the clone tool.
It's also good to use the other healing tools together.
You can use the patch tool to clone larger areas, then break it up a bit with the clone tool, then blend it with the healing brush.
You can set the mode for those tools too, which helps alot when parts are too dark for the surrounding area you can set the mode to lighten or darken.
Alot of times it's useful to just blot down the clone tool instead of using strokes, especially if you're using a mouse.

Anytime I do any cloning I usually find it necessary to go in with the normal brush tool to retouch certain parts.

Another thing with your image is that you didn't clone out the shadow created by the fence you cloned out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back