What's new

Does this look unreal at all?

It looks a little unreal, but that's ok, it's an unreal scene.

The bigger problem is that this isn't sure what its subject is. You have a bunch of neat stuff in the frame, and a bunch of good visual tropes in play here, but nothing coheres for me. Too much stuff. Foreground texture, whatever that object is, the large building/grounds, the city of smaller (?) similar buildings behind, and then clouds above. What am I supposed to be looking at in this?

Too much good stuff is, while not as bad as no good stuff at all, is still too much!
 
It looks a little unreal, but that's ok, it's an unreal scene.

The bigger problem is that this isn't sure what its subject is. You have a bunch of neat stuff in the frame, and a bunch of good visual tropes in play here, but nothing coheres for me. Too much stuff. Foreground texture, whatever that object is, the large building/grounds, the city of smaller (?) similar buildings behind, and then clouds above. What am I supposed to be looking at in this?

Too much good stuff is, while not as bad as no good stuff at all, is still too much!

Quick! Fetch me my pills! I feel faint...amolitor and I agree 100 percent on something!!! (lol)

Good analysis, a.m., spot-on!
 
thanks for the comments ... i intended the subject to be the forbidden city which is smack down the middle. I didn't really want to shoot without some sort of foreground so that's why I included the pipe.

hey, maybe this works! I was trying to show the vastness of Beijing and the contrast between old/new which is shown between the old architecture in the front vs. the city in the back. :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom