What's new

DOF Experiment/Visual -- *Boring Pics!*

TimboAA

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 7, 2007
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just thought I would do something really quick so I can determine how much of a difference the different F-stops would make when it comes to depth of field with my macro lens, but I also thought that this would be good for others to see who are just learning DOF as well. It can really makes quite the difference to have the proper DOF when taking a photograph.

When I originally focused, I thought i was close to the middle, but apparently I wasn't. Either way, it still shows DOF in action.

F3.5.jpg


F8.jpg


F14.jpg


F22.jpg
 
And not just DOF here, the colors are noticeably more vivid at the lower f/stops. Interesting series. I had a good time lookin'.
 
Nice experiment.
 
Actually this was kind of helpful.. I think i may do the same one day just for the hell of it to get a better idea of my camera.
 
I don't think the colors change as much as the increased DOF gives each shot more and more texture. Good thread, helps illustrate DOF and it's relationship to aperture settings.
 
I don't think the colors change as much as the increased DOF gives each shot more and more texture. Good thread, helps illustrate DOF and it's relationship to aperture settings.

I think the saturation level of the colors definitely change. Not a lot, but they do change. "Look closelier, closelier..."

Edit: And yeah, I'm aware that the colors don't change on the same level as does the DOF, but most of the time people don't even think about saturation levels changing with f/stop, so I figured I'd point it out.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom