Doing a Photo shoot on a Car need some tips

ScubaBrett22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This weekend i will be taking pictures of a 2009 Aston Martin DB9 and a Ford Mustang Mach 1. My question is what is the best time of day to take pictures of the cars and both of the cars are two different colors the Aston Martin is Black and the Mach 1 is yellow.... any tips? for noob like me?

also get into it, get down on the ground dont just shoot standing up

also get into it, get down on the ground dont just shoot standing up

Ya i know what you mean we are trying to be as good as like Top Gear and try to get great shots of cars but we just started and its going to take some time before we become "Professionals" at taking pictures of cars. :D

hahaha i hear ya there im in the same boat

i browse google alot to to try and get some ideas flowing

there ya go haha!

I think it really depends on the state of the paint (particularly with the black). I'm assuming the DB9 is in great condition, but any swirls will show in the sun. Avoid direct sunlight if the paint isn't 100%, because it WILL show.

Work with the stance of the car, get down low behind the car. Show off the meaty tires that both cars probably have.

The key is really just to make sure they are well detailed. Dirty tires/wheel wells can ruin a picture.

I think it really depends on the state of the paint (particularly with the black). I'm assuming the DB9 is in great condition, but any swirls will show in the sun. Avoid direct sunlight if the paint isn't 100%, because it WILL show.

Work with the stance of the car, get down low behind the car. Show off the meaty tires that both cars probably have.

The key is really just to make sure they are well detailed. Dirty tires/wheel wells can ruin a picture.

Thanks and yes bad rims and tires will make me upset i always like to see my tires and rims shine even if the car is not mine lol

thats a pretty good post for sure the describing pictures are cool at the end

Good luck?

Rent some lights and equipment and really light it. If you're shooting outside and depending on natural lighting, you're going to severely be at the mercy of your environment.

for cars i tend to shoot early morning usually by 8 or 9 (depending on where you are) the sun is getting to high to bother shooting them. or you can do the same in late afternoon. early just usually works out better for me. when shooting interior shots i'll take the car in complete shade so im not dealing with any shadows. other then that, look for interesting angles. make sure its clean. and i'll usually look for a clean background and let the car stand out on its own.

Most reactions

Back