Doing my first professional band shoot

jimiismydaddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, my first "real" band shoot is coming up tomorrow night. Im doing 4 bands at a club. Any last minute tips? lol. I have a Sony Alpha, Minolta 50mm 1.7 prime, the kid 18-70, a wide angle, two batteries, 4gigs of memory, computer just in case I fill that up, what am I missing?

Maybe a tripod or monopod...if you will have room to use it.

Whats the best white balance to use in this situation usually? I have auto, daylight, shade, cloudy, tungsten, flourescent, flash, and kelvin adjustment

Are you shooting them while playing or just portraits if it's live shots the best thing to do is try lots of different ways experiment and see what works best concert lights are pretty wild and I do not think one white balance setting will work for them all

As I said your white balance should change for the lighting conditions the live ones will have a different WB than the portraits it just depends on the light.

i wouldn't use a mono pod because it wiill just get in the way if your going to be shooting right in front of the stage. its frustrating shooting bands because the light does change so much. worst color = red. just mess around and find what works.

Man tonight was awesome. Im uploading them now and Ill get them on here tomorrow, I had some amazing shots from what I could tell on my lcd. Its really great to shoot because you get to know the bands, and theyre all really nice and whatnot. Ive never really shot people, just landscape stuff, its cool to see people react to a camera. EDIT: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71650

Most reactions

New Topics

Back