What's new

Donated lens from pixmedic sample.

Pallycow

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 16, 2012
Messages
1,697
Reaction score
520
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a shot from a lens pixmedic donated. 135 f/2.8 used on a pentax k1000

I was testing various things and learned that flash sync speed is different on film than digital. So most of the roll did not come out right. I took two shots of the tree testing it out in low light, and this is a quick scan of the negative.

More practice to come as I need lots of it with film stuff. lol

8264291393_35aafa4da4_c.jpg
 
Looks pretty good! You should have it all figured out for the next roll.
 
Now that I know to keep shutter speed at 60 or lower, lol. I can redo mock studio shots and not have only a sliver of the image showing. lolol
 
Here is a shot from a lens pixmedic donated. 135 f/2.8 used on a pentax k1000

I was testing various things and learned that flash sync speed is different on film than digital. So most of the roll did not come out right.

The flash sync speed depends on the camera. My Pentax ME and ME Super have flash sync speeds of 1/100 and 1/125. The K1000 has mechanically-controlled shutters (the ME and ME Super have electronically-controlled shutters), so I can see why the sync speed might be slower on it (there's probably more to it than that, but I'm no expert in shutter design!). I think it really depends on how fast the shutters can move across the film plane; on the K1000 I would guess that the shutters can't completely open or close much faster than 1/60 of a second.
 
Here is a shot from a lens pixmedic donated. 135 f/2.8 used on a pentax k1000

I was testing various things and learned that flash sync speed is different on film than digital. So most of the roll did not come out right.

The flash sync speed depends on the camera. My Pentax ME and ME Super have flash sync speeds of 1/100 and 1/125. The K1000 has mechanically-controlled shutters (the ME and ME Super have electronically-controlled shutters), so I can see why the sync speed might be slower on it (there's probably more to it than that, but I'm no expert in shutter design!). I think it really depends on how fast the shutters can move across the film plane; on the K1000 I would guess that the shutters can't completely open or close much faster than 1/60 of a second.

Also, I think the K1000 had a horizontal-running shutter, where the M series has vertical shutters that are common today. So the K1000 shutter needed to open further (the width of the film, not the height).
 
I dunno, boss just said I need to use 1/60 to sync with flash, I was using 1/200 or 250, I got the right 1/4 of the shot only exposed using that speed. Actually, doing math I must have used 250 since I only got a 1/4 of it exposed...quick math tells me I was 4x too fast...so 60x4 being 240....puts it pretty close to teh 250 I was using.

We've been too busy lately for real "lessons", so when I do something wrong she tells me why and what to do next time.

I learn better dealing with screw ups anyway.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom