I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ive been neglecting my donation duties on the forum lately, so I decided to grab some equipment that i have been replacing with newer versions and put them up here.

Tonight, its a Yongnuo YN560 flash with a Wrapix diffuser. (it almost doubles as a small beauty dish if you take the diffuser panel off)
Flash is in perfect working order and excellent cosmetic condition. (this is one of the newer models that has the metal flash foot and improved zoom motor) Runs on 4 AA batteries.
official GN of 39.
2 optical slave modes
power from 1/1 down to 1/128

the down side:
this is strictly a manual flash. no TTL, no auto mode.

the up side: this flash will work on pretty much any camera. (not sure about sony's though, but certainly Nikon, Canon, and Pentax)

I mostly shoot flash in manual anyway, and these are often used by us for off camera flash with the brollys or umbrellas with the yongnuo triggers.
A while back i decided to upgrade a few of our older flashes to the Yongnuo 568EX's for TTL and HSS capability.
This is an excellent flash for someone just starting out with flash photography. It forces you to learn how to set the flash up manually because, well, you don't have any choice with the YN560.

The Wrapix diffuser got replaced forever ago by smaller one-piece folding softboxes that we use for on camera flash diffusion, so we haven't used it in a while.

We would like to see this go to someone that does not currently have any hot shoe flashes, but would like to get into flash photography.
as usual, this is FREE to a good home. we will cover shipping costs. your out of pocket cost to get this to your door is zero (0) dollars ($$)
(donation open to continental US only, APO's, and maybe Canada)

$P7240121.jpg
$P7240122.jpg$P7240123.jpg
$P7240124.jpg$P7240125.jpg
$P7240127.jpg$P7240128.jpg

Last edited:
What does one have to do to be considered for this donation?

I would love to throw my hat in the ring to be considered if that's how its done. I currently do not own a flash and would love to start using one. Right now all my photos are outdoors and with a deflector. With the flash I would like to start photographing headshots and indoor portraits. I would also hope that it would help improve my youth sports team group photos.

Current equipment:

Canon 70d
Canon 18-135mm STM
Canon 50mm 1.8
Light Deflectors

Last edited:
What does one have to do to be considered for this donation?

forgot to add that part. (always seem to forget something)

*ahem*

To be considered for this donation, post in this thread with your current gear list, what you would like to photograph using the flash, and how you feel the flash will help you improve your photography. (email's and PM's may or may not be considered)
I will let this thread run a week or so before me and the wife make a decision. (assuming there is some interest in it)

Pretty awesome of you, as always! Wish you'd have posted this a couple months ago when I was still in the states, but alas, the greatest Navy this planet has ever seen needs me on the Pacific rim for a few years. Won't catch me complaining though, the food is phenomenal!!!

I would love to be considered.......but I already have a yn560. They are great flashes and have really helped me to start learning flash photography. Just imagine if I had 2 :wink::wink:
Kidding, they should go to someone who wants to get into flash. I think its pretty awesome that you do this. Are you in Orlando?

My current gear list is a Nikon D5100, 18-55mm lens, 75-300mm lens, a tripod and a monopod. I'm looking to get into portrait photography and macro photography eventually, so a flash and diffuser would greatly aid with that. For now, I have a basic setup in my apartment, which has poor lighting. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I would love to be considered.......but I already have a yn560. They are great flashes and have really helped me to start learning flash photography. Just imagine if I had 2 :wink::wink:
Kidding, they should go to someone who wants to get into flash. I think its pretty awesome that you do this. Are you in Orlando?

just outside of Orlando, but in the general area.

For reasons my posts aren't posting.. I just got back into the craft after a couple years . I have a d610 and 24-70 f/2.8 coming today. I would love to get into and learn flash work and branch out. As I just spent my allowance for the rest of the year, I am tapped out for extras.. Your flash would certainly go to a good home and will be well taken care of!

That's a very generous offer.

My gear,
Canon T3 with 18-55 kit lens
And coming soon a B+W 3.ND filter

And that's it! I just got the camera 2 weeks ago and I am working on saving up for a good lens. I can't honestly say how this will help me since I am fairly new but I would like to get into doing some portraits soon and figured I need to purchase a decent flash/diffuser setup. I am new to the forum so I totally understand if you would prefer to give it to a longer term user.
Chris

Hello, I'd be honored to be considered for your flash donation. I got my first DSLR camera (Nikon D3200) as a late birthday/ early Christmas present and started volunteering at my local SPCA in Feb. and added the County Animal Shelter in March. I recently got a 50mm lens, everything else is kit. I don't own any off camera lighting, so I make due with what the shelters offer, yesterday, it was the surgery light. I mostly shoot outdoors, for the natural light, but would like to start taking the smaller dogs in an inside setting.
Thanks very much, for your consideration.

Pretty awesome of you, as always! Wish you'd have posted this a couple months ago when I was still in the states, but alas, the greatest Navy this planet has ever seen needs me on the Pacific rim for a few years. Won't catch me complaining though, the food is phenomenal!!!

actually....
if you have an APO address the USPS will ship to it like it was going to the continental US.
I usually forget to add that part, but we will ship to a military APO. we've done it before with no issues.
if your interested, put in for it to be considered.

Nixon d7100
35mm prime
70-300 zoom
Various filters

I'm starting too shoot portraits of my 2 year old niece and I've been looking to pick up a Nixon 700 to use for fill flash and bounce flash.

Appreciate the opportunity lots.
Thanks.

Current gear:
Nikon D40
18-55mm kit lens
35mm/1.8G
55-200mm VR
Amazon Basics Camera backpack - I should mention, it has a perfect place waiting for a flash :)

For the longest time, all I had was the kit lens. I have depended heavily on natural light, which is why I recently purchased the 35mm prime lens. I absolutely hate the built-in flash, and if I ever have to use it, I usually place my hand in front of it to deflect the light upwards (haha!). In college, I experimented a little with a friend's SB-600 and really liked it.

I've been considering getting a flash recently, but haven't due to the fact that I purchased the 35mm and 55-200mm lenses at the same time. A flash was the next thing on my list to save up for.

If I were to get this flash, I would use this for experimenting with off-camera flash, mostly with personal portaits. I have gone through many of the threads here looking at unique lighting setups, and have some ideas that I would like to try (and would happily share them on the forum). I feel that this flash would help ease me into the "world of flash" to get a feel for using flash units, and that I could eventually transition into using multiple flash setups down the road.

Thank you for your consideration!

Pretty cool offering! Flash is really something I should get into one of these days. I'm embarassingly ignorant about it.

But give it to someone who is just starting out. They'll appreciate it more!

Most reactions

Back