DONATING Nikkor 50mm f/2 AI

I definitely vote for using it as a straight lens, in addition to any macro ambitions you have. Have I mentioned that I love mine, with great love?

At least half the photos I have posted on here have been shot with this bad boy. It's sharp, it feels great, it's built like the bastard child of a battleship and a swiss watch.

I thought my post was pretty nifty. Nifty enough for a fifty, but not this time I suppose. Keep me in mind for any further donations!

Congrats Tevo!

Maybe donate your 50mm 1.8 now to those who don't already have a 50mm ?? lol

I would if I still had one, I sold it off to put into better glass! Unfortunately a non TPFer got to my
post first.

I definitely vote for using it as a straight lens, in addition to any macro ambitions you have. Have I mentioned that I love mine, with great love?

At least half the photos I have posted on here have been shot with this bad boy. It's sharp, it feels great, it's built like the bastard child of a battleship and a swiss watch.

It will definitely get used for both. I look forward to posting shots from it :D

Received! Thanks again pixmedic for your generosity. I won't have a chance to get out and shoot with this thing tonight, so I'll start by shooting IT instead! :D

Day 158: July 19, 2013 by theofficialtevo, on Flickr

I like to throw my name into the hat as well - you've peaked my interest when you spoke macro, as I own a d7100 and would love to practice/learn another area of photography ... thanks for your generosity either way

I like to throw my name into the hat as well - you've peaked my interest when you spoke macro, as I own a d7100 and would love to practice/learn another area of photography ... thanks for your generosity either way

Um.... did you read tevo's post just before yours? He just received the lens........

Going to take some pictures with​ it today, will post em up!

Dug up out of exile is a Nikkor 50mm f/2 AI lens.
this is a manual focus lens with no electronic connections.
focus assist works great with this lens on my D7100.
lens is in EX condition, although there is minor damage to the filter threads, but not enough that i cant get a 52mm vivitar skylight filter on and off of it.
front and rear elements are free of any scratches, fungus, or marks. minor amount of internal dust.
focus ring is smooth, aperture ring is smooth and clicks into each position. aperture blades are free of oil.

I wasn't going to bother posting this lens since I figured there would be pretty much no interest in an old MF 50mm lens, but there has been a fair amount of talk lately about reversing ring macro photography, and since you have to manually focus anyway, AND need an aperture ring, I thought someone stuck with G lenses with no aperture ring that wants to try some cheap macro photography with a reversing ring might want to snap this up.
(although the donation is open to people that want to use the lens for regular photography as well)

most of you already know how the donations go.
(ALL rules and criteria are subject to me and my wife's discretion and may be changed and/or the donation cancelled at any time for any dumb old reason)

lens is FREE to good home (shipping is on us) (CON US ONLY, and Alaska)
If interested, post HERE with your current camera setup and why you want this lens.
(PM's and Emails may or may not get considered)

-Jason

View attachment 49365
View attachment 49366
View attachment 49367
View attachment 49368

Anybody else really curious to see pixmedic's basement?

Anybody else really curious to see pixmedic's basement?

400.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back