DONATING Nikon D50/flash/lens/bag/card = starter kit

I would like to also comment and thank my Friend Sandra Adamson for nominating me. Getting into photography that I could bring to a professional level has been out of my grasp so long that I have started to lose hope of it. I still absolutely LOVE taking photos, but point and shoots just don't do it for me anymore after seeing and having tried shooting with other friends dslr cameras.

I haven't been very active, because I don't think I have much to contribute without gaining the skills that come from a dslr. Every class that I have wanted to take requires one, and magazines that I have bought, I can't make use of some of the cooler features I know can be done, without the camera they are taken from.

I can't believe there are people out there that are willing to give things away like you are. I am SO impressed with your generosity and if I am the lucky recipient to be gifted this awesome offer, I will be forever grateful to you. I will definitely become a more involved participant of this forum with conversation and posting photos for critique.

This would be an awesome birthday gift, as it is the last day of this month.

Thank you soooo much for the chance to get this camera.:lovey:

Last edited:
As the recipient of some your giveaways, INCLUDING that awesome D100 for my son (who is LOVING it, when he can find time to shoot!), I have to say:

All your "also-ing" means SQUAT. :lmao:
Just face it: You and your wife are AWESOME for doing these donations. I don't know which astounds me more: your family's generosity, or the size of that dang closet!! :D

(Also, this seems like a good time to make a confession: That SB-24 that was included in the D100 kit for my son? Yeah, he wasn't using it. Hadn't even tried it. I asked him about it and he said he wasn't sure when or if he'd ever get around to using it. So I took it. :lol: The deal is, it's still "his" and he gets to have it back whenever he DOES want to learn flash…but in the meantime, I've been using it. It gives me a second flash besides my Yongnuo 560. So now *I* get to learn about using more than one flash on a subject.)

In case our votes count, so far I'd definitely vote for manicmike, of the people we've heard about "publicly." But one thing I have no doubt of--you and your wife will make a good choice about who to give it to, and you will enrich yet another person's photography horizons!

As for voting for him as "TPF Cool Dude," I thought that was already a done deal!
Although, I suspect perhaps it should be "Spouse of TPFs most Generous Member!" ;-)

Well, as long as the sb24 is getting used, I guess it's all right. :D

You pretty much nailed it with the spouse comment. The wife isn't on the forum much, but all the gear we have acquired over the last 8 years of photography falls under her jurisdiction, and she typically has final approval of where and who it goes to. I'm just doing the grunt work.

I'm on shift today so I will hopefully wrap this up tomorrow and maybe even get it packaged up and shipped out Friday before I am back on shift saturday.

If there's any stragglers, nows the time to get your name in.

I'm not sure if I'd qualify for this, but my daughter would love to have this. She is a natural born photog and loves to take pictures of all kinds, although I see her going macro. I should have given her my D3000, but I sold it to my father in law without thinking about it, and I haven't found any crazy deals yet.

wow. more interest in this than we were expecting.
always a tough decision with these things. There are always many deserving people, but only one item to hand out.
Its always nice to help out fellow members of the photography community, and even more so to have the opportunity to help an active and contributing member.
So....without further ado, Please join me in giving a warm TPF congratulations to....

wait for it.....

almost there....

manicmike!

so Mike, just PM me your name/address and I will get this kit packed up and mailed out to you...sometime in the near future.
I expect to see some pictures from you soon! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
wow. more interest in this than we were expecting.
always a tough decision with these things. There are always many deserving people, but only one item to hand out.
Its always nice to help out fellow members of the photography community, and even more so to have the opportunity to help an active and contributing member.
So....without further ado, Please join me in giving a warm TPF congratulations to....

wait for it.....

almost there....

manicmike!

so Mike, just PM me your name/address and I will get this kit packed up and mailed out to you...sometime in the near future.
I expect to see some pictures from you soon! :thumbup:

Woohoo! And the crowd goes wild!

Congrats Mike...and to the goodness of Mr.&Mrs PMedic,another well deserved "Tip o' the Hat".May you never sell a house that has all this joy spilling out of "the closet". :hail:

Woohoo! Thanks so much for picking me Jason. You guys are awesome. I was starting to think I'd have to quit messing around with photography.

I'd do a happy dance, but I just had hernia surgery and dancing is out of the question. :mrgreen:

Woohoo! Thanks so much for picking me Jason. You guys are awesome. I was starting to think I'd have to quit messing around with photography.

I'd do a happy dance, but I just had hernia surgery and dancing is out of the question. :mrgreen:

No worries, I think my knees can handle one more happy dance. I'll do it for you. Sorry, no video.. lol

But what about parkour? Couple of celebratory backflips couldn't hurt anything. :lol:

Congrats, sir, and good job, Jason!

I just had to take a moment to tell you how impressed I am reading your post. Being a struggling photographer trying to get my company off the ground, I know what kind of blessing receiving such a gift would be. You make me proud to be a photographer....Pay it Forward

Just got it. I took 3 pics and the mirror locked up half-way. Took the battery out and did some other problem solving. Works great now and seems to be a pretty decent little performer. Scared the crap out of me for a few minutes though. Thanks again Jason.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back