don't fall down that hole in the ocean....

afoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i'm in the middle of my road trip down the west coast!! had a chance to take this shot today, and was so happy with the result! after dreaming and dreaming of this location i was worried i wouldn't be able to get the shots i'd hoped, but in the end i was satisfied (and totally soaked!!! and my legs felt like rubber because i was so terrified of falling down the whole, and my many graduated filters were starting to get blurry with salt residue...)

c&c please, as i continue down the coast, i'd like to make sure i don't waste my limited time around big waves!

thors well by hippy_henna, on Flickr

I don't know what to critique here this is awesome! And I've never seen anything like tis in my life! Beautiful shot!

Nicely done! I'm jealous! I drove right by this while I was touring the West Coast from Seattle to LA a few years ago, and never even knew it was there! I would definitely have stopped!

What a fantastic image. This is by far your best posted effort to date.

Wow, that's awesome!

this is incredible. what and where is it?!

Adjectives fail me! It deserves pride of place on a wall...printed large, of course.

This is beautiful, and very well done!

One tiny, TINY little thing: I think your horizon is just SLIGHTLY tilted. I could be wrong, but my eye keeps going to it, and sensing a slight drop off from left to right.

Straighten that, and this is really Photo of the Month material!

EDIT: Now that I look at it again, I don't know; maybe it's just the tilt of the rocks that makes me feel like the horizon is ever so slightly off-kilter. Or maybe it's just me; I AM having one of THOSE kinda days. :lol:

hey everyone, thank you so much for the kind comments! often time i find "how can you take a bad photo of such a great location" a terrible phrase, as the case with this shot i struggled through a couple hours to get a composition that was pleasing.. glad the time paid off.

this is incredible. what and where is it?!
its called thor's well and is just off the coast at cape perpetua, oregon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back