don't hire friends

photo girl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am taking 2 diffrent city soccer league pictures with a combination of about 170 teams with about 10 kids on each team.

I hired a friend of mine to help me shoot some of the teams. She over exposed all of the pictures. Is there anyway in photoshop to adjust the exposure so that I can save some of the images.

On top of all of this my D-100 fell into a stream yesterday and is now toast. Good thing for extended warrenty.

can someone please make my day a little better and help me with some photoshop help.

It depends on how badly the pics were overexposed, if they're truly "blown-out" then there's no detail left to save.
Assuming they're not too bad then lighting/contrast in PS should help.

If you've got photoshop CS, go under Image >> Adjustments >> Shadow/Highlight. That can recover a surprising amount of detail from blown out areas, but as others have said, if it's really blown way out, there's nothing there to recover. (earlier versions of PS don't have that shadow/highlight feature, either--has to be CS)

Maybe you can post one image typical of what you got. Then we might be able to offer some suggestions that would help.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back