Don't you hate it when....

vivitar285HV with power cable., vagabond mini , problem solved

I even use that tiny product on my Elinchrom monolight and get over 600 shots with it!

I finally got 2 unit last week, I got them and tested them at the studio on friday and saturday i was out shooting a minor hockey team yearly photos. I shot about 200 shots total with a bowens 500ws on each unit and they never slowed down a bit. battery still shows full charge. I loooooooove it. i wish i had these litte f*ckers last summer.

You should carry extra batteries...even some non rechargeables can save your behind.

This was a home-shoot and I have about 20 Eneloops. Problem was by the time I got upstairs to get them and back down to my studio in my basement, she had gone from happy baby :goodvibe: to unhappy baby :evil:.

The one thing I don't like about my Cyber Sync trigger set, is that the transmitter uses a 'CR2450 lithium coin cell battery'.

Speaking of annoying the thing that bothers me about my El Cheapo Cowboy units is that they "time out" after some brief period of use so you have to power down and power up again to use them. Bad design, but dirt cheap!

More reasons to love my PW's! No timeouts..and AA batteries! I have not changed the batteries in my TT5's since I bought them... they just keep on going and going..... ;)

Last edited:
You should carry extra batteries...even some non rechargeables can save your behind.

This was a home-shoot and I have about 20 Eneloops. Problem was by the time I got upstairs to get them and back down to my studio in my basement, she had gone from happy baby :goodvibe: to unhappy baby :evil:.

Bad planning always have your batteries with you or get a battery pack for your flash

Actually, this was totally unplanned. I happened upon some free time (rarely do I have free time on the weekend) and I said to my wife "let's take some pics of the baby." I didn't even check the batteries. Next time, I will. I had no idea how much power the yn560's pull from them. Now I do.

Did I misread something that suggested that the eneloops last longer in speedlights (e.g., SB-700, 580ex) than they do in the off-brand strobes like the yn560?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back