don't you just love shutter speeds!

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
caught this tonight downtown and had to share. this arena was full of skaters at the time of my 20 sec. exposure; 25+ skaters. the only people that were remotely exposed were the five that were standing around in the center and the guy on the rear rail. just thought i'd share for those who are still intrigued with time exposures:

13416472-L.jpg

2 sec:

13416474-L.jpg

last time i exposed myself and tried to have contacts i got thrown in jail!

fromEgypt01 said:
last time i exposed myself and tried to have contacts i got thrown in jail!

Hi, "fromEgypt", you are a funny one, aren't you? :D

JonMikal - erm: PEOPLE in the first pic??????? ;)
Interesting.
Shows me how much I can still explore and try to do in photography...

LaFoto said:
JonMikal - erm: PEOPLE in the first pic??????? ;)
Interesting.
Shows me how much I can still explore and try to do in photography...

yep. more than what is shown in the 2 sec. exposure :shock:

i once saw an illustration showing a busy rush hour intersection where slow speeds where used via slow film and nutural density filters. the only recordable evidence of anything there were the cars and people who remained still for significant times. pretty much anything that was moving was not recorded. i love that kinda stuff!

In the first pic, the ice rink looks like a big bowl of vanilla icecream! :D

that's a pretty cool idea! At first i didn't even see the people in the top one, and just figured you took a pic after the people left or something.

the little bit of lense flare is kinda distracting in the top one, but other than that i really like it :thumbsup:

Hey thats neat. Good job JonMikal. :thumbsup:

I wonder how long you could set the exposure with an ND filter. You should give it a go. Those ghosts are a shame. :(
Interesting stuff. :)

Jon,
I've opened this several times today (big fan) but for some reason I can't see it. I even went to the URL but just got a blank white page. Is it just huge? Do I just need to be more patient? (I've waited as long as five minutes.) Everyone else seems to see it but me. :(

tekzero said:
nice pics!

OT: u have any contacts for jobs in the MD area?

what are your career interests?

thanks everyone and thank you ferny for helping elsaspet out! :goodvibe:

Most reactions

Back