What's new

dots on this image?

Ah.. well this explains why I am just seeing it with this.. I rarely shoot over 5.6 and usually in the 2.8-4.0 range and this obviously was shot at like f/11 or something I can't remember so it made it visible. Gotta figure this cleaning thing out I guess. I'm all about DIY so if its doable at home, I'm on it!
 
Try just blowing it off first. That usually does the trick 99% of the time for me. Take a shot of a plain blue sky or a white sheet of paper at f/22 before and after.
 
Get a rocket blower. No need to send it off to have it cleaned, unless you plan on doing that every time your camera gets spots, which is going to be a lot if you're an active shooter that changes lenses frequently.

Just get a blower and some sensor swabs, and do it yourself. It's incredibly easy.

If it only shows up at smaller apertures, I'm betting it's dust on the back of the lens, the part that goes into the body.
 
You have a d600 right? Could also be the dreaded oil spots.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom