Double Bass

This is perfect!
How much choice did you have as to the lighting? None, I assume. So you SAW it was good and totally served your ideas? Including the "hair light"? If so, then a) you have a very good eye, and b) you were totally lucky, and c) you knew how to technically solve this to perfection. Admiration!

This is perfect!
How much choice did you have as to the lighting? None, I assume. So you SAW it was good and totally served your ideas? Including the "hair light"? If so, then a) you have a very good eye, and b) you were totally lucky, and c) you knew how to technically solve this to perfection. Admiration!

Thanks LAFoto.

Well, I had no say in the lighting (was just a gig that was going on at the festival), but the lighting was quite good. Mainly just white spots that didn't move too much. So I had enough time to move around, get the exposure (spot metering for the highlights). But the rest was luck really. Although the lights didn't move - he did. So i was waiting for the right moment for the light to fall across his face. Of course a lot of it was luck i imagine! But carefully thought out luck! :)

Good stuff. About the only way you could improve this would be with smoke coming off the end of the cigarette and/or a bit coming out of his nose.

Great printworthy shot.

Beautiful shot. Love the light, especially that bit of rim light on the back of his head. Terrific tones and detail. Funny coincidence that the top of the base looks kind of like smoke.

Well seen and executed!

Most reactions

Back