Doughnuts

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At the Dupont Circle Metrorail Station, Washington, DC.

cmw3_d40_5186.jpg

It might make you feel better.

It might make you feel better.
Oh, it would definitely make me feel better. Until that lard hit my stomach and set up down there. :D

Besides, the closest one is about 15 minutes from me, and let's just say, I'm not sure I should be that far from the facilities for that long. :eek-73:

Ours is about 30-35 minutes, near Alexandria, VA. We don't go there often.

Ours is about 30-35 minutes, near Alexandria, VA. We don't go there often.

The closest one is out near my mom. If I'm out that way, and pass it, I can resist the urge quite easily...unless that "Hot Now" sign is on, and then...it is Pavlov's dogs. No choice whatsoever. :D

When we lived up near the beltway, I'd go over in the morning and pick up two dozen to take home. if the were hot, I'd go through 4 or five by the time I got to the WW bridge (5-10 minutes, tops).

We don't go there often.

When my sister moved from here to Texas, back in the late 80s, one morning we were packing her stuff up and had to run out for something, some boxes I think.
There was a package store somewhere close to the KK, and at the time, they just threw the boxes, uncrushed, out back, so it was a great place to get moving boxes. We got the boxes, then stopped and got a dozen "Hot Now" glazed doughnuts.

They were GONE by the time we got back to her house. And there were just the two of us in the car. And I don't really even want to tell you just how close the house was to the Krispy Kreme. :D

Back then, our metabolisms were so fast that we could eat that stuff and not gain any weight at all. I just gained a pound thinking about hot now doughnuts.

You guys say 30-35 minutes like that's a long drive. 40 minutes is the norm for us to get anywhere. I drive that far for the best coffee on planet earth! You can do it! Donuts! Donuts! Donuts!

Man. Now I want Krispy Kremes. Dangit.

Most reactions

Back