What's new

Dovestones Reservoir, Oldham UK

gman172

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Location
Oldham, UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
we left the house @ 6.15am to get this set of pics - great light but then classic british weather arrived!

light hdr processing and finished in cs3

DoveStonesWideAngle027_8_tonemapped.jpg


DoveStonesWideAngle084_5_6_tonemapp.jpg


DoveStonesWideAngle152_3_4_tonemapp.jpg


please rip em apart!! :thumbup: or :thumbdown:

andrew
 
please rip em apart!!

I'd much rather not do that to these!
You did well with the "British weather", and I like the HDR touch, and the fact that it is not overdone. You get some detail on the ground and also stay with a well exposed sky at the same time, which looks good, but you avoided the cartoon effect, which I like (though for one photo of mine I once chose it on purpose).

I think, my favourite of the series is 2. It is "warm" ... and the sky is "just right". British (your words, not mine, since our German skies resemble your British ones A LOT, only does "your" weather come here a day late :D). I love the moors! Their atmosphere ... and I feel it best captured in 2.

The sky looks downright MENACING in the last ... whoa! :shock:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom