Down at the Beach

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took my 18 months son to the park at the beach. I get my lockdown exercise, and he gets to play on the slide and the swings, it also means he sleeps better when he goes to bed, so a win win. I often bring my Sony with me to take photos of him with the Sigma 85 f/1.4 DG DN. Catching focus on him can be difficult due to accidentally pushing the aperture to wide open. Less difficult is using smaller apertures for landscapes.

I left the 24- 105 at home, so any wide angles would have to be stitched. The first one is a 4 image stitch:

Sony A7r4 Sigma 85 f/1.4 at f/5.6

Dog and owner Aberafan Beach Pano bw by singingsnapper, on Flickr

No stitching needed on this one:

f/5.6 1/500

Bristol Channel Feb 21 bw by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Shower in the Channel by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Love the dramatic clouds

They are very dramatic indeed. The last one for me for the colour and lack of humanity.

The horizons are all slightly out, leaning down to the right a degree or two. Easy fix tho.

They are very dramatic indeed. The last one for me for the colour and lack of humanity.

The horizons are all slightly out, leaning down to the right a degree or two. Easy fix tho.

Horizons are always difficult on the coast. Camera indicated it was level. The coast to the south gets further away to the South as Devon moves to Cornwall...

Ah well, there you go.

Ah well, there you go.

sorry you’re correct about the first two. My reference was to the third one. Far banks of rivers and distant coastlines that move further away can certainly make something look unlevel that is level.

great b&w tones, though like space face i think correcting the horizons would take these to the next level.

Late to the game on this one, glad you adjusted the tilt on the horizon as that jumped out at me in the first versions as well. (I religiously check the virtual horizon in my camera as well but sometimes even though I know it showed level my images come out looking unlevel...have no idea what causes it but that's been my experience occasionally)

Anyhow, I really like the composure on #1 and think the B&W works nicely, nominated for POTM (second/corrected version).

Most reactions

Back