6786259811_82b6fddc7d_z.jpg
[/URL] _MG_0966-2 by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

6786255321_0fdd96a538_z.jpg
[/URL] _MG_0977 by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

6786250711_cc920875c8_z.jpg
[/URL] _MG_0982-BW by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

6786278749_f04446c2da_z.jpg
[/URL] _MG_1013-BW by lee.demers, on Flickr[/IMG]

I love the first one! Well framed. It's a nod to KenC's work (TPF member).

#2 interests me. It also reminds me of member 'Unpopular'.

#3 is a decent runner up. I'm on the fence with it. I can't find the words as to why.

Bitter Jeweler said:
I love the first one! Well framed. It's a nod to KenC's work (TPF member).

#3 is a decent runner up. I'm on the fence with it. I can't find the words as to why.

Thanks Bitter! Means a lot coming from you.

I agree about number three.

I like it, I just can't explain why.

The tilt in four and five bothers me.

Bo4key said:
I agree about number three.

I like it, I just can't explain why.

The tilt in four and five bothers me.

Thanks Bo4key.

Number four and five were taken with my new wide angle lens. Just learning to use it, I think it will take a bit to get used to the type of angles it provides. (Edit: or more like will have to be more selective with the angles I try to shoot with it ;))

Last edited:
For me it's the diagonals and the composition.

The image seems to explode out of the lower right corner leading the eye right through it and out of the top of the frame.

The arrow is point in the wrong direction to be mine.

~~~

I like 1 especially, I can't give an honest opinion about 2, because it resembles so much of what I do.

3 is one of those shots that seems like it should work, but just doesn't. I think if you had the same composition with a much longer lens, it would work better.

4 I actually do like quite a lot. I wish it were not quite as contrasty, but I like the composition and the tension from all the weirdo angles. Perhaps a square format would work better? IDK.

5 and 6 I don't think emphasize the most interesting elements, and do not really challenge me much

Just an overall comment: I think your ability to see a photo and frame it in your head is amazing. The angles and framing are what really pop to me in these photos. Nice set!

1 & 3 are my favorites. I also really like that last one; but like others said about 3, I can't exactly put my finger on why :)

Thanks KmH, unpopular and Jess. Really appreciate the feedback.

3 is one of those shots that seems like it should work, but just doesn't. I think if you had the same composition with a much longer lens, it would work better.
4 I actually do like quite a lot. I wish it were not quite as contrasty, but I like the composition and the tension from all the weirdo angles. Perhaps a square format would work better? IDK.

unpopular,

#3, how would a longer lens differ from the on used?

#4 I tried to find a way to turn it into a square format, not really able to find a way that works. Do you think you could make an edit and show me what you are thinking?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back