What's new

Downtown Grapevine

Lyncca

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
1,881
Reaction score
5
Location
Fort Worth, TX
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another town near me. I'm pretty happy with how these turned out.

C&C Welcome.

1.
main.php


2. I know the powerlines are annoying...
main.php


3. One of my favorites:
main.php


4.
main.php


5.
main.php


6.Grapevine Mills - These are no longer in use.

main.php
 
I love all of these pictures!!
 
I really like #2. You can clone out the power line if so inclined. The only thing that's missing, IMO, are people milling about downtown. It just seems barren, but maybe that's what Grapevine's supposed to look like.
 
I like #6, just wish the top of the mill wasn't cut off. Nice shots Lyncca
 
I like #6, just wish the top of the mill wasn't cut off. Nice shots Lyncca

I might have cropped it not thinking since I was going for a square cut. I will have to go look at the original...
 
I like #2. I only wish you didn't crop the corner by the lightpost. I think it kinda upsets the balance of some otherwise nice use of line and shapes.
 
I like #2. I only wish you didn't crop the corner by the lightpost. I think it kinda upsets the balance of some otherwise nice use of line and shapes.

Yea, I didn't even see that. I think if I just move the border down to some "white" space, it may show still be there.
 
Nice little town. I lived in Euless for a little while. I loved that part of DFW, just a little too close to the airport, but a nice area. I love the mills shot.
 
Thanks for the comments -- I will see if I can fix the couple of faults in the pics. :)
 
i love old town grapevine... i have never been there w/ my camera... but i am gonna have to go now...

GREAT SHOTS
 
i love old town grapevine... i have never been there w/ my camera... but i am gonna have to go now...

GREAT SHOTS

Thank you :)

I also took some pictures of the Tarantula with the mills as a backdrop here:
http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18773&page=2

Around here, as you know, there is so much to shoot if you just look. The touristy stuff alone will keep you busy for a long time! I gotta do the stockyards one of these days. They take the cattle through the streets twice a day. I'm not a cowgirl, but I can make an exception to go if its for a picture :lol:
 
i like them but in the last one the top of the tower is cut off. i like the first one alot theough
 
Thank you :)

I also took some pictures of the Tarantula with the mills as a backdrop here:
http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18773&page=2

Around here, as you know, there is so much to shoot if you just look. The touristy stuff alone will keep you busy for a long time! I gotta do the stockyards one of these days. They take the cattle through the streets twice a day. I'm not a cowgirl, but I can make an exception to go if its for a picture :lol:

twice a day? i thought they only did that on special occasions... shoot, im gonna have to go check that out as well!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom