Downtown Model

nmaynard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
IMG_6792-1.jpg

Had this posted in another thread but want some feedback on just this image. Wanting to know if the black and white conversion is good or not. Let me know what you guys/gals think!

I like everything about it except her right light however, the way shes standing makes it look weird from that angle.

The fatal error here is the dark on dark (dark jacket over black shirt). Unless you can control the lighting well enough to seriously differentiate the two, she'll look wide. Hint: in this shot, she looks wide.

What I might suggest for such a shot is to speed the shutter up to the flash-sync max speed. This will under expose the background, keeping the nice blur with a wider f-stop, and the flash will paint her in in such a way as to make her "pop" out of the composition. To do this you'll have to place the body in manual, the flash in TTL auto mode. Otherwise, the way you shot it is fine too. Nice composition.

Gahhhh!!!

would be so much better if she was on the opposite side of the frame facing the other way so she was framed in the brighter part.

Thanks everyone for all the insight! Definitely keep it in mind.

I really don't think so that there is any mistakes held in these photo.As it is beautifully captured I am totally disagree to the negative comments for these picture as these is kind of best photograph.Model is also very beautiful and the style and dressing use in these photo is very Royal which makes these photograph outstanding.So nmaynard i don't think so that you need any advise as you already knows a lot.
Keep it up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back