Downtown USA

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
actually kind of cool...pretty nice conversion too! You ought to do that same shot either really, really late.. or way early. Try to get it with no cars / trucks... might be decent.

The absence of stop lights is notable.
I'd rather see it w/o all the cars and trucks that "date" it.

Sure it's worth keeping. Maybe not "displaying", but certainly worth keeping. A number of writers on photography have pointed out that with the advent of digital photography, we're losing photos that show "reality", due to the way so,so many people automatically killfile shots that are not 100% 'perfect'. I'm not sure I agree with those people entirely, but here we have you, asking if an image of downtown Mystic is worth "keeping"...so, I do agree, there has been a move to an attitude that digital images are worth so little as to just toss them out unless they prove some kind of worth test.

In 50 years, it's a flat-out guarantee that image, with the cars lining the street, will look "cool". Vintage. Old-days.

Where's the pizza shop? I think it's a nice shot.

Joe

Sure it's worth keeping. Maybe not "displaying", but certainly worth keeping. A number of writers on photography have pointed out that with the advent of digital photography, we're losing photos that show "reality", due to the way so,so many people automatically killfile shots that are not 100% 'perfect'. I'm not sure I agree with those people entirely, but here we have you, asking if an image of downtown Mystic is worth "keeping"...so, I do agree, there has been a move to an attitude that digital images are worth so little as to just toss them out unless they prove some kind of worth test.

In 50 years, it's a flat-out guarantee that image, with the cars lining the street, will look "cool". Vintage. Old-days.

Thanks for the feedback. Ill hold onto it just as a memory of the trip.

What he says, I like it, it shows reality of a busy night. I live in a large city and this photo represents the night life.

Most reactions

Back