Doyle Branhall - Fitchburg Street

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I couldn't find all the tracks on YouTube, but I have recently re-acquired the album on CD and thought some of you might be interest in the artistry of the Blues. Where appropriate, I have substituted the track from DB's album of covers with artists with a similar interpretation. Otherwise, I suggest you buy the album..... if you really like the Blues.

Track 1: Dimples (not found on YouTube) - Originally one of the first songs by Johnny Lee Hooker, this version features Doyle's son along with Charlie Sexton and guess who the rythym section is...... Tommy Shannon and Chris Layton of Double Trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

Couldn't Doyle's version, but what the hell. Buddy Miles wrote it and this version with the Band of Gypsys is one of the best.

Couldn't find Doyle's version, but who can argue that Elvis's '68 concert wasn't worth it's weight in gold?

Tracks 7, 8 & 9 wasn't worth posting. Not because of the album, because of YouTube.

Thanks for you indulgence.

As Chef Morimoto says......... Enjoy.

Last edited:
:biglaugh:

I musta been toasted the other night when I started this thread. Don't recall it at all.

I'm kinda suprised that nobody chimed in though. I surely thought their were some blues fans out there in TPF land. If you don't care for Doyle's stuff, why don't you add your own? For instance.........

Most reactions

Back