Photos OK to edit
There were lots of them out today.

6-23-15 014.jpg

6-23-15 018.jpg

6-23-15 019.jpg

6-23-15 021.jpg

6-23-15 022.jpg

C&C if you have it. :)

No replies tells me that they most be bad, which is fine! :) I am here too learn, so what is wrong, processing, or the photos themselves?
Any thing would be great I really want to improve my work, so don't hold back, HIT ME!!!!:801:

Most dragonflies I see have bad wings. Cool you found one with two sets of perfect wings.

Parts of the wings seem sharp, but the abdomen on all of them looks out of focus.

Most dragonflies I see have bad wings. Cool you found one with two sets of perfect wings.

Parts of the wings seem sharp, but the abdomen on all of them looks out of focus.

I noticed that, I probably should have used a smaller aperture, I think I was shooting at F5.6 300mm.

In #1 and #5 the position of the dragonfly is good and I like the extra background colors and not just green. #3 and #4 look like the same shot and the in-focus leaves are pulling my attention away from the main subject. And as in #2 these would be really nice with the eyes in sharp focus. I don't know if you can go any higher on ISO, but f/8 would probably help the focus a bit.

In #1 and #5 the position of the dragonfly is good and I like the extra background colors and not just green. #3 and #4 look like the same shot and the in-focus leaves are pulling my attention away from the main subject. And as in #2 these would be really nice with the eyes in sharp focus. I don't know if you can go any higher on ISO, but f/8 would probably help the focus a bit.

I could have gone higher on ISO, I have a Canon T3i so I can't go very high on ISO because it gets noisy really quick!
Thanks for all the pointers, I will have to go out and try again. :)

I know nothing about this kind of photography but the focus seems to be the problem with every photo.... also the composition could be better.
How about you practicing on a non moving subject? Practice focus, composition, background...
I don't know what kind of photography interests you, but post more often :)

I know nothing about this kind of photography but the focus seems to be the problem with every photo.... also the composition could be better.
How about you practicing on a non moving subject? Practice focus, composition, background...
I don't know what kind of photography interests you, but post more often :)

I still have a long ways to go with composition, but it is hard with things like dragonflies, ever time you move for a better angle they take off.:048: So you have to shoot while you can!
I will photograph anything I can find, there isn't much around here to take pictures of.
I work so much I have a hard time getting out much, but I will try an post more. :)

Most reactions

Back