Drat ! Lack of buttons on D750 ...

Solarflare

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
I currently have configured my D750 as follows:

Preview: Virtual Horizon

Function: Suppress Flash

But unfortunately it turns out that with my new full manual no electronics lens, I really need Preview on the Preview button ... why cant Nikon give us a button or so more, or allow to enable virtual horizon permanently ? Sigh.

I might be wrong but cant you program the video record button ?

Yes, you can program that to one out of:

White Balance
ISO
Choose Image Area (DX/FX select)

if you have the lifeview switch set to Pictures instead of Movies.

However, if its set on Movies, the movie record button always records movies.

Btw, I just switched the virtual horizont out. Preview is more important now.

Actually I consider this function one of the big advantages I got when moving from the D600 to the D750.

If I want to do the same thing on my SB910 directly, it will make a TON of noises and it will take AGES (and make even more noises) to turn it on again.

And I cant find any option to make this stupid thing SILENT grr.

With the button - I dont want flash in the next frame ? Very simple now. And I can immediately switch it on again in the frame after that.

With the button - I dont want flash in the next frame ? Very simple now. And I can immediately switch it on again in the frame after that.
same with the on/off switch on any speedlight.

Yes, if you dont mind the noise it makes and that it takes ages to turn it on again.

All Nikons of this style could benefit from a few additional programmable buttons.... But that is one of the ways to force people to move up to the next level. Just like setting lower limits on multi frame exposures...

Yes, if you dont mind the noise it makes and that it takes ages to turn it on again.
yeah it makes some noise, but I wouldn't describe ~1sec as "ages".

how often are you really shooting with a speedlight attached that you may need to swap between flash/no flash frames and so much so that simply turning on/off the flash when you need it isn't a good solution?

Only all the time. I do a lot of news-style photography on political events, the light is often quite bad, so I switch between flash and no flash and select later which is the better picture.

okay. gotcha.

Most reactions

Back