What's new

Dreams are made in a park

Stryker

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Mar 14, 2011
Messages
567
Reaction score
105
Location
Manila Philippines
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
6350397599_e4186cee19_b.jpg
 
I don't like the post processing on this, I think you're maybe trying to go for a dream type image? Personally for me it makes me want to look away because my eyes are fooled into thinking they aren't focusing correctly. I was in Manila 4-5 months ago and really wish I brought my camera, there are so many things there that I thought would be amazing to shoot. From your gallery I have seen a few you have caught, I just don't feel this image does it, the dead branches in the water also take away from it. Have you ever went to Greenbelt to shoot? The gardens and structure there I thought were pretty cool.
 
Hi shooter. Yes greenbelt is such a nice place to shoot however if you have a DSLR, the friggin security wont allow you to do so. We have some screwed up policies here in the Philippines that we, the locals, are not allowed to take photos of these areas especially Greenbelt. Just a few weeks ago a group of photographers did a critical mass rally to protest these policies. Imagine that we, the locals, are not allowed to shoot while tourists could have a field day. How can we, as photographers, promote our country to foreign touristas when we cannot even take photos. Some muddy minds think that if you carry a DSLR with a long lens, you are either a terrorist or want to copy their building's architectural design. And that's just f^%*ed up bull*)%*.

Sick policy, right?

Now back to the photo, yup I wanted to have a dreamy type of image.
 
Hi shooter. Yes greenbelt is such a nice place to shoot however if you have a DSLR, the friggin security wont allow you to do so. We have some screwed up policies here in the Philippines that we, the locals, are not allowed to take photos of these areas especially Greenbelt. Just a few weeks ago a group of photographers did a critical mass rally to protest these policies. Imagine that we, the locals, are not allowed to shoot while tourists could have a field day. How can we, as photographers, promote our country to foreign touristas when we cannot even take photos. Some muddy minds think that if you carry a DSLR with a long lens, you are either a terrorist or want to copy their building's architectural design. And that's just f^%*ed up bull*)%*.

Sick policy, right?

Now back to the photo, yup I wanted to have a dreamy type of image.

That really sucks about the policies, I did kind of notice that "policies" sometimes got thrown out for me and noticed that security never searched me as much as everyone else almost as if they were afraid they would offend me, or maybe past rude Americans paved my way. I will definitely bring my camera next time, I don't think Philippines is very dangerous at all. It's on the top of my list for places to retire, unfortunately I visited during rainy season which is more depressing than I imagined. I look forward to seeing more photos from you, thanks for posting!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom