Dredging up a 4 Megapixel Past.

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First here's the photo:

biloxi.jpg

So I had to start taking digital photo seriously back in the 1990s. In 1994 the college I was working for got a $90,000 state grant to buy digital photo hardware and start figuring it out -- my job. Back then we started scanning film and learning to use Photoshop version 2.5.

I was able to put off buying a digital camera as the millennium turned (got the college to buy them), but eventually I had to start buying my own. Dragged my feet and finally in 2001 I bought a 4 megapixel Sony Cybershot -- my first digital camera (I was keeping the film cameras at that point).
sony-cyber-shot-dsc-s85-medium.jpg

So on this very hot day when I can't work in the garden I dug up some of those original files from that old 4 megapixel Sony.

Joe

not quite from a 4 mp camera, but close. shot with a Kodak Easyshare, shortly before we really got into photography. 5.1 MP camera with 10x optical zoom! I guess it would be called a bridge camera now. Ah, memories.
your boat shot would be considered good by any cameras standards...very nicely done!

100_0108.jpg

100_0100.jpg

edit2.jpg

Here's one SOOC as they say (camera only shot JPEGs of course).

Joe

Front gate of Graceland:

graceland.jpg

Still looking through them. Here's a keeper taken just before sunrise out on the river.

Joe

dawn.jpg

Unfortunately, I have squandered my allotment of nominations for this month, otherwise I would have nominated this one.

Unfortunately, I have squandered my allotment of nominations for this month, otherwise I would have nominated this one.

Thanks. Glad you like it.

Joe

Here's another one -- fishing for sharks in the Gulf. I'm about half-way through them.

Joe

shark.jpg

Now there's a little cutie. Did you turn him loose?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back