drink milk

afoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
this was one of the most amazing experiences of my life!
i had the opportunity this last two weeks to travel to the atacama desert in chile to photograph some core samples and mines.

last night i headed out to the inca gold mine. 1000 feet elevation, 100km from the nearest town and lights. i have never seen the milky way like this before...

c&c welcome!
this was a 30 second exposure at F/4 iso 3200.
i am trying to decide if i should brighten up the foreground at all, or if that will just make it look unrealistic... thoughts?

chimbaros by abbye dahl, on Flickr

Great source of supply ! Neat.

Very nice. I'd leave the foreground as is

Wow, nice work. I started out with DSLR photography by doing astrophotography. Amazing that in this image you are looking to the center of our galaxy. You can also see the Large Magellanic Cloud creeping above the horizon. Well done!!

I'd leave the foreground the way it is. But, is it just me, or does the horizon need a little straightening? It looks a little like it tilts frame right.

Really nice shot though

Very nice shot! Amazing what you can see when you get away from other light sources, and have lovely clear unpolluted atmosphere!

Stunning Shot! Don’t change a thing!

It really places things into perspective. We are so small in the grand scheme of things. I should have been born an astronaught. :lmao:

Which body and lens did you use?

Thoughts?

Yeah. Freaking AMAZING.

What sort of post processing, if any, did you do?

Superb! Simply amazing!
I should go soon to the Atacama dessert, considering it's relatively close to where I live. But this definitely makes me wanna go!

Silly question though, where do you focus for a shot like this at f/4 ?

Most reactions

Back