Driving/parking in D.C. 9 p.m. And later...

NancyMoranG

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi,
Am visiting a niece in Bowie for dinner and I thought maybe on my way back to my campground I would stop in D.C.
Thinking of the Lincoln Memorial end for some shots of Vietnam Wall (reflections) Korean War memorial, Washington monument and of course over to get Jefferson..any other ideas?
Any tips appreciated. Driving a humongous Toyota Tundra!
Thanks.

I'd go with a taxi/uber or if you don't plan on being out later then 11:45 or so take metro. I have a double can Tundra and don't like driving it in DC if I don't have to. It is possible to luck out and find somewhere to park but can be a pain due to the size of the truck and the poor turning radius (mine is a 2005 and is hard to make some turns in parking garages).

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

I was thinking since it is late (9-10 p.m) that on street parking might be option?
But I value any info !!
Perhaps. I must confess though i never been around dc without a taxi....

there's plenty of garages if not, but ive always found street parking; especially that late at night.

When we were visiting the folks a few years ago, they had a house in Alexandria VA, parking in the evening in the area you are looking at was still a bit of a challenge. Probably cause they all want something like this to take home.
Lincoln Monument.jpg

I've done it in a Tacoma dblcab. Not an enjoyable experience but not any worse than any major city. Traffic of all kinds make my nerves terrible!!

Yea, and my photography level doesn't need any other issues ;)
I was in Sunday and the trees were amazing! Unfortunately it was overcast and slight drizzle by the time I got towards tidal basin.

Yea, and my photography level doesn't need any other issues ;)
I was in Sunday and the trees were amazing! Unfortunately it was overcast and slight drizzle by the time I got towards tidal basin.
Oh, Congress was in session I see. :lol:

Most reactions

Back