fightheheathens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
playing with flash when bord is fun :)

photo11.jpg

photo222.jpg

The first one is a piece that I can confidently say I would display on my wall. Good work!

I like the second, with the droplet in free fall, beginning to take up its round shape (which is what droplets really look like while they are falling). The way it mirrors its surroundings upside down is extra nice.

But I must say I also VERY much like the first photo in its stark, pin-sharp, contrasty black and white!!!

Wow, great shots, what shutter speed were you using? None of my droplet photos have ever really come out all that well
Luke

well...my shutter speed was 1/30,000 of a second.... or there abouts....

basically what i did was in a rather dark room, (not totally dark..so i could see what i was doing) i set off a flash while my shutter was open. I took these at 1/60th f 7.1, but i have also done it at 4sec exposures. As long as your camera settings will make a picture black with out a flash, the burst of light from a flash will act as a shutter in essence. since a flash only lasts 1/10000-1/30000 of a second, you get shutter speeds equivalent to this. Some expensive comerical flashes last only 1/1000000000 of a second. Look Up Herold Edgerton. He did alot with strobe photography. (He is famous for the picture of the bullet piercing the apple)

and thanks for the comments

amazing...
i believe i like the second one more....
and thanks for the blurp on how you did it

Most reactions

Back