DSLR users...

I still use film, but only black and white (except the 97 cent roll of color i found at wal mart) and only when i have access to a darkroom. Theres just something about being in that darkroom and watching those prints slowly appear. Can't beat it. But for practicality's sake, can't avoid but use the digital

yeah, I'll shoot like 40 pics just to play around with settings and practice lighting and such - wouldn't do that with film. Plus I wouldn't remember what I did to what pic once they came back from developing...

tmpadmin said:
I don't remember who and don't remember the thread but they said it best with; it doesn't matter what tool you use for your art it's the art in the tools you use. Well they didn't say exactly that but it's what I got from what they said. There is a certain quality that comes with film (35 or medium or any) combined with the darkroom experience that cannot be matched by digital. However, most of us know that any shot will be digitized for a number of reasons. Personal preference I guess. I think what it comes down to is what is right for you. What do you want to do with your photos? Answer that and I think you have won your own battle.

well said! :D speaking of quotes, one i heard a few weeks ago from a uni lecturer talking about design was "passion always overcomes expertise"

Don't get me wrong....I LOVE digital and my D70 BUT I've never had to send my film camera's in to have it's sensor cleaned. My N6006 is pushing what? 15+ years or so (I'm probably wrong) and it's never been to the shop. In 15 years from now I'll look back at my D70 with it's outdated compact flash card with fondness as I shoot with my new 32 MP D1500 with it's 60 gig memory card that's the size of a dime.

Patrick said:
Don't get me wrong....I LOVE digital and my D70 BUT I've never had to send my film camera's in to have it's sensor cleaned. My N6006 is pushing what? 15+ years or so (I'm probably wrong) and it's never been to the shop. In 15 years from now I'll look back at my D70 with it's outdated compact flash card with fondness as I shoot with my new 32 MP D1500 with it's 60 gig memory card that's the size of a dime.
Yeah, I bet you've never had a negative get dusty either, eh? :roll:

If you shoot a wide shot (under 20mm or so) do you rely on your digital body? I think if I wanted to use a wide shot I'd still shoot my 35mm since it wont magnify the mm.

Until I'm rich, the crop factor is absolutely a big limitation on the most popular DSLRs. Thankfully, I generally find myself in situations where an angle that wide isn't required.

DocFrankenstein said:
Patrick said:
Yeah, I bet you've never had a negative get dusty either, eh? :roll:
yea got me....couldn't send it back to the manuf. either to be fixed. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back