DSLR workhorse?

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

I am looking to make this my final camera purchase for a long time. I think it will suit my present needs as well as enable me to get into other types of photography that aren't easily or well done with digicams.

I posted thread thinking of all the (typically older) people who have been shooting for years, and are using their indestructable AE-1s or whatever, and have no intentions of buying new equipment (aside from glass or filters).

In other words, I'm looking to "settle down" camera-wise, and was just wondering if there is an AE-1 equivalent in the DSL market yet.

As far as my decision to wait a few months before buying, it's largely for financial reasons, but it will also give me time to do some research.

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

I am looking to make this my final camera purchase for a long time. I think it will suit my present needs as well as enable me to get into other types of photography that aren't easily or well done with digicams.

I posted thread thinking of all the (typically older) people who have been shooting for years, and are using their indestructable AE-1s or whatever, and have no intentions of buying new equipment (aside from glass or filters).

In other words, I'm looking to "settle down" camera-wise, and was just wondering if there is an AE-1 equivalent in the DSL market yet.

As far as my decision to wait a few months before buying, it's largely for financial reasons, but it will also give me time to do some research.

I've been shooting 30+ years. When I got into digital it was with the understanding that I would be upgrading bodies every few years. With a digital body you have a combination of items you did not have with film. With film if a new film came out you bought it and tried it out. If you want improved "Digital Film" you buy an new body. What's in the body is what you have. There is no replacing the sensor/processor with a new one. No adding spot metering or new higher or lower ISO's. Something to consider before getting into all of this.

Most reactions

Back