DSLR

simore101

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
which is the best entry level DSLR possibly in the 500-600 dollar range also which brand should i go for Nikon or canon

I am Leaning toward thel nikon D5000 also the canon rebel xsi looks good as well

I am Leaning toward thel nikon D5000 also the canon rebel xsi looks good as well

As you can see by my signature... I am a Canon man. I've had Canon since the 90's. But I know Nikon is very popular as well.

As I said in my original reply, I don't think you'll be disappointed either way. They are both great cameras. :)

yea your right they are both great i think i will go with the nikon because of the hd shooting and the screen and also its easy to use

If I got a dollar every time I've $een a thread like this..

Does your budget include a lens? $500-600 could get you a nice used 30D or 40D.... But probably not a lens, unless you find a used 18-55mm lens.

Just go to craigslist. YOu will see a lot of used dslr on sale with lenses!

I hate those responses "just do a search on the forum and you'll see a million threads". But in this case, you can really simply look for some recent posts with titles like:

Canon or Nikon
D3000 vs D5000
Is the Xsi a good buy
etc.

Really, this same topic comes up several times a day. Some of the threads get going with many responses, others get 1 or 2 responses.

Canon stock is more valuable ... I would go with that. :lol:

;)

Does your budget include a lens? $500-600 could get you a nice used 30D or 40D.... But probably not a lens, unless you find a used 18-55mm lens.

im looking for a walk around lens that also has some telephoto in the 300 dollar range. for either nikon or canon it can also be a third party lense

If I got a dollar every time I've $een a thread like this..
you would be a millionaire?

multi-

and go nikon.
theyre just better.

LOL hoping this is a joke post.

Not saying Nikon is inferior, just that your post is. "theyre just better" isn't helpful in the least.

And to OP, have you looked at the T1i? I think it would be a much more evenly matched comparison to look at the Nikon D5000 and Canon T1i. They're both entry-level HD video-shooting cameras (although the T1i will record at 1080p IIRC)

Most reactions

Back