Duck Chicks, So Cute.

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am pretty happy with these, rarely do I get to photo wildlife within min, focusing distance for a decent amount of time. these duck chicks let me get pretty close, but really there was not much they could do I guess. I still kept a good 10 or so feet, and shot with my 500mm + 1.4x for 700mm, Handheld with VR, and a better beamer on a flash bracket for a grand total of im sure 13+lbs, but it was worth it. I got almost macro style photos, I am going to be buying some macro tubes for sure :)

1)
dc1.jpg

2)
dc2.jpg

3)
dc3.jpg

4)
dc4.jpg

5)
dc5.jpg

6)
dc6.jpg

These are insanely good. Great shots

These are fantastic! And SO cute! Great work!

Do you mind me asking what camera, lens, and flash you used for this? My daughter was amazed by the photos and was asking what kind of camera you use. :)

Thanks!

Kevin

Nikon d800, 500mm F4 VR, 1.4x teleconverter, sb600 flash, better beamer extender, and flash bracket. here is a photo.

$dm_7.jpg

And you're hand holding all that. That is impressive as the images are real shape. Way to go...

yes, for those photos they are handheld, usually I use it on a monopod, but the location and to get low the monopod wasn't going to work.

I mean handhold isn't 100% accurate for all the shots, I usually crouch and use my knee and elbow to steady the lens(or a tree, really just depends on the location, but there is usually something around to lean against), but yes I guess that is technically still hand holding. the VR also really helps. some were at 1/250th second. usually handholding VR is good to about 1/125, but hit and miss anything less, at least for me and the 1.4x converter

Wow that's a beast! The d300 with grip and the Tamron is only like 5 or 6 pounds!

pimpin aint easy :lol:

no but really, i kinda force myself to get comfortable with the big stuff. sometimes i will hike a few miles with it on a monopod. its really not too bad once you get used to it, but if i want to use my 70-200, boy does it feel nice. and being able to zoom out...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back