Duck on a cloudy afternoon, comments welcome

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying out my 7D, with the 70-200 and 1.4 extender. As stated in the title, cloudy afternoon at the park.
I thought this was a nice shot, maybe a wall hanger in my office.
Toweritscloudy.jpg

Very serene and very very sharp and clean!! Nicely done sir!!

Bus Rider,
I disagree actually. I like the openness and the general overall look of the OP's picture. Your crop and edit changed that feeling completely. I also think that the color change you made, made it too warm and the mist out of place. Not to mention it looks a little noisy/pixalated. Where as the original had none of that. Just my opinion, such as it is. :)

That is a spectacular photo!!

I was thinking that it could use cropping too, until I compared the original to Bus Riders. I think that the original is really good.

Bus Rider - I have the disagree as well. The original is by far evoking a stronger emotion from me than the edit.

Nice shot, OP. I enjoy how the colors of the duck pop compared to the foggy background.

Thank you all for your comments. I apprecite the edit/crop but in this case I'm going to stick with my original. I think the wide open space gives the duck somewhere to go, and I like the soft background. If anything I might be able to trim a little off the right side, to move the duck a bit more off center but that's about all I'd do.

Nice shot. - I like that it is sharp and the bokeh is also good. I think I might be tempted to crop it a bit, but not nearly as much as Bus Rider, as I do like the "openness" of the image. Maybe just in from the right to get rid of the big tree in the background and maybe a little off the bottom, but then this sort of post-processing is a personal thing and if you like it, then that is really all that matters.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back