Duck

STICKMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few shots from day 4 with my new Nikon D-40. These images are not edited other then a name stamp.

CC away please, I am new and could use any advise you could share.......

WLP053008144c.jpg

Great Idea!!! I will give that a go next trip out. I was also wondering if i would have been better with a cir pol. filter on my lens or not....

Its definatly an intersting pose to capture.
I would fully agree with getting lower angles on subjects (waterproofs and a bean bag (in a plastic bag to stays dry) can be wonders for getting good low shots.
Also, if you can, try to get it so that the light is behind you and shining onto your subject, really brings out the colours. If you can't then try using the flash to fill in the darker shadows.

Also great ideas, thanks again. My only issues would be this was taken with my 55-200 lens zoomed in. Flash would never reach the subject in this case. So with that in mind what can I do if anything to better myself in that situation??? And once again thanks for your imput it is a help!!!!

Also great ideas, thanks again. My only issues would be this was taken with my 55-200 lens zoomed in. Flash would never reach the subject in this case. So with that in mind what can I do if anything to better myself in that situation??? And once again thanks for your imput it is a help!!!!

Actually, you'd be surprised how far a good flash will carry even in daylight. The other option and the bigger challenge is, of course, getting closer to the subject w/o spooking it. Being the "Ninja photographer" as it were.:p

Doc

I was thinking about going Ninja on the duck but i ran into kong fu goose and I thought he would win lol (good advise though and I will try the flash)

testing2.gif

The Way of Goose!

Very nice pose there = the harsh light is hurting though. One bit of advice I recently found was to set your exposure meter to -1 for shots taken during the brighter parts of the day - it helps to control those whites and lose some of the harsh lighting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back