What's new

Durdle Door Sunset

Mecal

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 5, 2008
Messages
160
Reaction score
3
Location
Arizona
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was finally able to go here, and stay for the sunset! This was I think the best picture.
f/18, 6 seconds (using ND4 filter)


Durdle Door by MAGPhotography, on Flickr
 
'Tis a nice photo but it seems to lack a bit of punch. Did you brighten up the shadows in post? It seems to lack contrast. Also, I'm not sure that the ND filter and resulting long exposure was really necessary - it doesn't do any harm but the smooth water effect (which I presume you were going for) is not very noticeable.
 
thanks very much for your critique!
yeah, the smooth water really isnt too noticeable, but it was very windy while I was there and the water was choppy - I think it looks better smoothed out.

as for punch, it was a bit over exposed. I didn't touch the shadows but I did increase the blacks. when I was playing around though I thought if I increased the shadows/darks it would look too dark.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom