TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
brucemburton.blogspot.com
Heading Home
7206-HeadingHome.jpg

Last Cast
7206-LastCast3.jpg

I love the second one! But maybe I'd crop a bit of grass... well.. most of it.. but even tough... the picture is lovely

mentos_007 said:
I love the second one! But maybe I'd crop a bit of grass... well.. most of it.. but even tough... the picture is lovely

I agree on the crop suggestion. I like that image a lot!

The 2nd shot is great, has alot of drama. Are these OTE? becuase if so, I'd like to do a little take on what I think it should look like.

Very nice images...love the depiction of the dying light. The second is my fave (but I too would probably crop it).

nice shots bruce, i think you did a good job with the new crop... :thumbup:

The golden yellow cast in both of these images is just yummy.

I'll be different and say I really, really prefer the first version of that second image, "Last Cast". I love having those flowers dotting the foreground there. The strip of grass does little to harm the image and I felt it led the eye naturally into the shot. The cropped version seems to have thrown off the composition somewhat, too.

Crop some if you must, but I miss those little flowers....added a sweet touch to the shot. :)

My two cents. ;) Nice work!

OK,

When I saw your photo, I wondered how vibrant the water actually was, so I boosted the levels alot to make the golden water more dramatic. I changed the hue of the yellow channel ever so slightly too so that it would look a little bit more golden. I also cropped it alot to try and heighten the relationship between the girl and her fishing rod and the bird. I used the burn tool to underexpose the grass a little bit because after my changes, the grass looked really fake.

7206-LastCast3.jpg

Overall, when I saw the original I saw no pop, and I know that's what you had to have been going for when you first took it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back